Best time to go to Rishikesh Average weather of Rishikesh, India
Get the best time to visit Rishikesh in India from seasonal averages, right here.
When is the best time to go to Rishikesh?
When is the best time to go to Rishikesh? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Rishikesh are January, February, March, April, May, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are May and June
- November is the driest month
- The coldest months are January and December
- The rainiest months are July and August
Annual weather in Rishikesh
For full information about the climate and weather in Rishikesh a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||50°F/68°F||good weather||Rishikesh in january|
|February||56°F/74°F||good weather||Rishikesh in february|
|March||65°F/85°F||perfect weather||Rishikesh in march|
|April||76°F/95°F||perfect weather||Rishikesh in april|
|May||83°F/103°F||good weather||Rishikesh in may|
|June||85°F/103°F||tolerable weather||Rishikesh in june|
|July||77°F/94°F||very bad weather||Rishikesh in july|
|August||76°F/90°F||very bad weather||Rishikesh in august|
|September||74°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Rishikesh in september|
|October||68°F/86°F||perfect weather||Rishikesh in october|
|November||59°F/79°F||perfect weather||Rishikesh in november|
|December||52°F/70°F||good weather||Rishikesh in december|
Weather and climate in Rishikesh
- Between january and february the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 56°F and it rains in february about 2in.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is very good. The temperature rises to 95°F.
- In may the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 103°F°C and you can expect to have 2.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of june the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 103°F in average and you can expect to have 6.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between july and august the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 90°F°C and it rains about 25.9in each month.
- In september the climate is okay. The temperature rises to 88°F and it rains about 12.2in each month.
- Between the months of october and november the climate is very good. The record temperature this month is 86°F and, in november, 0 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of december the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 52°F and it rains about 3% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Rishikesh
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Rishikesh: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Rishikesh
Find out when Rishikesh has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Rishikesh
- Very low season in Rishikesh
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: July and August.
- Low season in Rishikesh
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February and September.
- High season in Rishikesh
The number of visitors to Rishikesh is high in: March, May, June, November and December.
- Peek season in Rishikesh
The largest number of tourists visiting Rishikesh is during: April and October.
Figure: Visitor index for Rishikesh month by month
Best time for low prices in Rishikesh
Average prices of hotels in Rishikesh month by month
Generally, July is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Rishikesh. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, October is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.