Best time to go to Delhi Average weather of Delhi, India
Get the best time to visit Delhi in India from seasonal norms on this page.
When is the best time to go to Delhi?
When is the best time to go to Delhi? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Delhi are January, February, March, April, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are April, May and June
- Delhi has dry periods in November and December
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are July and August
Annual weather in Delhi
For full information about the climate and weather in Delhi a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||58°F/74°F||perfect weather||Delhi in january|
|February||63°F/81°F||perfect weather||Delhi in february|
|March||76°F/92°F||perfect weather||Delhi in march|
|April||88°F/104°F||good weather||Delhi in april|
|May||97°F/112°F||bad weather||Delhi in may|
|June||99°F/112°F||bad weather||Delhi in june|
|July||92°F/103°F||tolerable weather||Delhi in july|
|August||88°F/97°F||tolerable weather||Delhi in august|
|September||86°F/97°F||good weather||Delhi in september|
|October||85°F/97°F||good weather||Delhi in october|
|November||74°F/88°F||perfect weather||Delhi in november|
|December||63°F/77°F||perfect weather||Delhi in december|
Weather and climate in Delhi
- In the month of january the climate is good. It is for example 74°F as maximum temperature in january.
- Between february and march the climate is perfect. It is for example 92°F as maximum temperature in march and, in march, 1 days of rain are expected.
- In april the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 94°F and it rains about 1% of the time in april.
- Between may and august the climate is not good. The record temperature this month is 110°F and it rains about 9.3in each month.
- In september the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 97°F in average and, in september, 6 days of rain are expected.
- In october the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 97°F°C and you can expect to have 0.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From november to december the climate is very good. the thermometer goes up to 77°F°C.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Delhi
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Delhi: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Delhi
Find out when Delhi has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Delhi
- Very low season in Delhi
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May and June.
- Low season in Delhi
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, July, August and September.
- High season in Delhi
The number of visitors to Delhi is high in: October and November.
- Peak season in Delhi
The largest number of tourists visiting Delhi is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Delhi month by month
Best time for low prices in Delhi
Average prices of hotels in Delhi month by month
Generally, May is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Delhi. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, November is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Find the best price for your hotel room
Average price for flights to Delhi
A return flight between London and Delhi is generally cheaper if you go in may ($ 576 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 219 more for your airline ticket to Delhi if you go in august.