Best time to go to Delhi Average weather of Delhi, India
Get the best time to visit Delhi in India from seasonal norms on this page.
When is the best time to go to Delhi?
When is the best time to go to Delhi? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Delhi are January, February, March, April, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are April, May and June
- Delhi has dry periods in May, October, November and December
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are July and August
For full information about the climate and weather in Delhi a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Delhi in january|
|perfect weather||Delhi in february|
|perfect weather||Delhi in march|
|good weather||Delhi in april|
|bad weather||Delhi in may|
|bad weather||Delhi in june|
|tolerable weather||Delhi in july|
|tolerable weather||Delhi in august|
|tolerable weather||Delhi in september|
|good weather||Delhi in october|
|perfect weather||Delhi in november|
|perfect weather||Delhi in december|
Weather and climate in Delhi
- In the month of january the climate is good. It is for example 70°F as maximum temperature in january.
- Between february and march the climate is perfect. It is for example 90°F as maximum temperature in march and, in march, 2 days of rain are expected.
- In april the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 90°F and it rains about 5% of the time in april.
- Between may and august the climate is not good. The record temperature this month is 108°F and it rains about 4.3in each month.
- In september the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 95°F in average and, in september, 8 days of rain are expected.
- In october the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 94°F°C and you can expect to have 0.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From november to december the climate is very good. the thermometer goes up to 76°F°C.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Delhi
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Delhi: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of India
Delhi appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in India appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.