Best time to go to Dharamsala Average weather of Dharamsala, India
Find the perfect time to go to Dharamsala in India from average climate conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Dharamsala?
When is the best time to go to Dharamsala? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Dharamsala are January, February, March, April, May, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are May, June and July
- January is the coldest month of the year
- August is the rainiest month
Annual weather in Dharamsala
For full information about the climate and weather in Dharamsala a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||50°F/68°F||good weather||Dharamsala in january|
|February||56°F/74°F||good weather||Dharamsala in february|
|March||67°F/83°F||perfect weather||Dharamsala in march|
|April||77°F/94°F||perfect weather||Dharamsala in april|
|May||86°F/103°F||good weather||Dharamsala in may|
|June||90°F/106°F||tolerable weather||Dharamsala in june|
|July||85°F/101°F||tolerable weather||Dharamsala in july|
|August||81°F/95°F||tolerable weather||Dharamsala in august|
|September||79°F/94°F||good weather||Dharamsala in september|
|October||74°F/90°F||perfect weather||Dharamsala in october|
|November||65°F/81°F||perfect weather||Dharamsala in november|
|December||54°F/72°F||good weather||Dharamsala in december|
Weather and climate in Dharamsala
- From january to february the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 90°F and it rains about 15% of the time in february.
- Between march and april the climate is perfect. The record temperature this month is 108°F.
- In the month of may the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 90°F.
- In the month of june the climate is passable, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 106°F°C.
- In the month of july the climate is unfavorable. The temperature rises to 101°F.
- In the month of august the climate is not good, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 86°F.
- In the month of september the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 94°F in average and it rains about 18% of the time in september.
- Between october and november the climate is perfect. By early evening, the temperature averages 65°F and it rains in november about 0.8in.
- In the month of december the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 72°F and you can expect to have 1.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Dharamsala
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Dharamsala: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Dharamsala
Find out when Dharamsala has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Dharamsala
- Very low season in Dharamsala
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, May, June, July, August and September.
- Low season in Dharamsala
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April and November.
- High season in Dharamsala
The number of visitors to Dharamsala is high in: October.
- Peak season in Dharamsala
The largest number of tourists visiting Dharamsala is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Dharamsala month by month
Best time for low prices in Dharamsala
Average prices of hotels in Dharamsala month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Dharamsala. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.