Best time to go to Monterrey Average weather of Monterrey, Mexico
Get the very best time to go to Monterrey in Mexico from average weather conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Monterrey?
When is the best time to go to Monterrey? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Monterrey are February, March, April, June, July, August, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are May, June, July and August
- The coldest months are January and December
- The rainiest months are May and September
Annual weather in Monterrey
For full information about the climate and weather in Monterrey a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||49°F/65°F||tolerable weather||Monterrey in january|
|February||54°F/70°F||good weather||Monterrey in february|
|March||61°F/77°F||good weather||Monterrey in march|
|April||68°F/86°F||good weather||Monterrey in april|
|May||72°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Monterrey in may|
|June||76°F/94°F||good weather||Monterrey in june|
|July||76°F/94°F||good weather||Monterrey in july|
|August||76°F/94°F||good weather||Monterrey in august|
|September||72°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Monterrey in september|
|October||65°F/79°F||good weather||Monterrey in october|
|November||54°F/70°F||good weather||Monterrey in november|
|December||49°F/65°F||tolerable weather||Monterrey in december|
Weather and climate in Monterrey
- From january to february the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 65°F in average.
- From march to april the climate is perfect. By early evening, the temperature averages 79°F and you can expect to have 3.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In may the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 74°F and, in may, 13 days of rain are expected.
- In june the climate is very good. The temperature rises to 94°F and it rains about 34% of the time in june.
- In the month of july the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 76°F and, in july, 9 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of august the climate is perfect. The temperature rises to 94°F and, in august, 9 days of rain are expected.
- Between september and december the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 52°F and it rains in december about 1.5in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Monterrey
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Monterrey: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Monterrey
Find out when Monterrey has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Monterrey
- Very low season in Monterrey
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January.
- Low season in Monterrey
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, March, April, May, June, July and September.
- High season in Monterrey
The number of visitors to Monterrey is high in: August and October.
- Peak season in Monterrey
The largest number of tourists visiting Monterrey is during: November and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Monterrey month by month
Best time for low prices in Monterrey
Average prices of hotels in Monterrey month by month
Generally, May is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Monterrey. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, September is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Find the best price for your hotel room
Average price of hiring a car in Monterrey
On average, it costs $ 20 per day to hire a car in Monterrey. This price varies by $ 4.8 depending on the month. In may, hiring a car costs an average of $ 17 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in december is $ 22.