Best time to go to South Padre Island Average weather of South Padre Island, United States
Get the best time to visit South Padre Island in United States from seasonal averages below.
When is the best time to go to South Padre Island?
When is the best time to go to South Padre Island? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in South Padre Island
- On average, the warmest months are June, July, August and September
- September is the rainiest month
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in South Padre Island
For full information about the climate and weather in South Padre Island a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||63°F/68°F||good weather||South Padre Island in january|
|February||65°F/70°F||good weather||South Padre Island in february|
|March||68°F/74°F||good weather||South Padre Island in march|
|April||74°F/79°F||perfect weather||South Padre Island in april|
|May||77°F/83°F||perfect weather||South Padre Island in may|
|June||81°F/86°F||good weather||South Padre Island in june|
|July||83°F/88°F||good weather||South Padre Island in july|
|August||83°F/90°F||good weather||South Padre Island in august|
|September||83°F/88°F||good weather||South Padre Island in september|
|October||77°F/83°F||good weather||South Padre Island in october|
|November||72°F/77°F||good weather||South Padre Island in november|
|December||65°F/72°F||good weather||South Padre Island in december|
Weather and climate in South Padre Island
South Padre Island enjoys a humid subtropical climate (without dry season and with hot summer) in accordance with the Köppen-Geiger classification. The yearly average maximum temperature in South Padre Island is 79°F (ranging from 68°F in january to 90°F in august). Annual rainfall is 44in, with a minimum of 1.4in in april and a maximum of 9.4in in september.
- Between january and march the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 74°F and it rains about 1.7in each month.
- Between april and may the climate is very good. The temperature rises to 83°F and it rains about 10% of the time in may.
- From june to august the climate is good. At lunchtime, it's 88°F in average and you can expect to have 4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In september the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 94°F and it rains about 9.4in each month.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 72°F°C and it rains in december about 3in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in South Padre Island
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of South Padre Island: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Other cities and places near South Padre Island
Chargement en cours
Legend: South Padre Island other locations