Best time to go to Chichén Itzá Average weather of Chichén Itzá, Mexico
Get the most favorable time to visit Chichén Itzá in Mexico from seasonal norms right here.
When is the best time to go to Chichén Itzá?
When is the best time to go to Chichén Itzá? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Chichén Itzá
- On average, the warmest months are March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- June is the rainiest month
Annual weather in Chichén Itzá
For full information about the climate and weather in Chichén Itzá a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||67°F/85°F||good weather||Chichén Itzá in january|
|February||67°F/88°F||good weather||Chichén Itzá in february|
|March||68°F/92°F||perfect weather||Chichén Itzá in march|
|April||72°F/95°F||good weather||Chichén Itzá in april|
|May||76°F/97°F||good weather||Chichén Itzá in may|
|June||76°F/94°F||good weather||Chichén Itzá in june|
|July||76°F/95°F||good weather||Chichén Itzá in july|
|August||76°F/95°F||good weather||Chichén Itzá in august|
|September||74°F/94°F||good weather||Chichén Itzá in september|
|October||72°F/90°F||good weather||Chichén Itzá in october|
|November||68°F/86°F||good weather||Chichén Itzá in november|
|December||67°F/85°F||good weather||Chichén Itzá in december|
Weather and climate in Chichén Itzá
- From january to may the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 95°F in average and it rains about 19% of the time in may.
- In june the climate is correct. At lunchtime, it's 92°F in average and, in june, 12 days of rain are expected.
- In july the climate is good. It is for example 95°F as maximum temperature in july and you can expect to have 5.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From august to september the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 83°F and it rains in september about 6.2in.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 85°F°C and, in december, 4 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Chichén Itzá
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Chichén Itzá: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Chichén Itzá
Find out when Chichén Itzá has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Chichén Itzá
- Very low season in Chichén Itzá
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, September and October.
- Low season in Chichén Itzá
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April and November.
- High season in Chichén Itzá
The number of visitors to Chichén Itzá is high in: January, February, March, July and August.
- Peak season in Chichén Itzá
The largest number of tourists visiting Chichén Itzá is during: December.