Best time to go to Puerto Jiménez Average weather of Puerto Jiménez, Costa Rica
Discover the very best time to visit Puerto Jiménez in Costa Rica from seasonal norms here.
When is the best time to go to Puerto Jiménez?
When is the best time to go to Puerto Jiménez? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Puerto Jiménez are January, February and March
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May and December
- The rainiest months are May, June, July, August, September and October
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Puerto Jiménez
For full information about the climate and weather in Puerto Jiménez a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||70°F/88°F||good weather||Puerto Jiménez in january|
|February||70°F/90°F||good weather||Puerto Jiménez in february|
|March||72°F/90°F||good weather||Puerto Jiménez in march|
|April||76°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Puerto Jiménez in april|
|May||76°F/86°F||very bad weather||Puerto Jiménez in may|
|June||76°F/85°F||very bad weather||Puerto Jiménez in june|
|July||76°F/85°F||very bad weather||Puerto Jiménez in july|
|August||76°F/85°F||very bad weather||Puerto Jiménez in august|
|September||76°F/85°F||very bad weather||Puerto Jiménez in september|
|October||74°F/83°F||very bad weather||Puerto Jiménez in october|
|November||74°F/83°F||bad weather||Puerto Jiménez in november|
|December||72°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Puerto Jiménez in december|
Weather and climate in Puerto Jiménez
- From january to march the climate is okay. the thermometer goes up to 90°F°C and it rains in march about 3.9in.
- From april to december the climate is very bad. the thermometer goes up to 85°F°C and it rains in december about 8.3in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Puerto Jiménez
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Puerto Jiménez: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Puerto Jiménez
Find out when Puerto Jiménez has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Puerto Jiménez
- Very low season in Puerto Jiménez
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June and October.
- Low season in Puerto Jiménez
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, July, August, September and November.
- High season in Puerto Jiménez
The number of visitors to Puerto Jiménez is high in: January, February and March.
- Peek season in Puerto Jiménez
The largest number of tourists visiting Puerto Jiménez is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Puerto Jiménez month by month
Best time for low prices in Puerto Jiménez
Average prices of hotels in Puerto Jiménez month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Puerto Jiménez. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.