Best time to go to Sint Maarten Average weather of Sint Maarten, Netherlands Antilles
Find the very best time to visit Sint Maarten in Netherlands Antilles from average weather conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Sint Maarten?
When is the best time to go to Sint Maarten? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Sint Maarten are January, February, March, April, June and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are May, August, September, October and November
- The best months for swimming are January, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
Annual weather in Sint Maarten
For full information about the climate and weather in Sint Maarten a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F/81°F||perfect weather||Sint Maarten in january|
|February||79°F/79°F||perfect weather||Sint Maarten in february|
|March||77°F/79°F||perfect weather||Sint Maarten in march|
|April||79°F/81°F||good weather||Sint Maarten in april|
|May||81°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Sint Maarten in may|
|June||83°F/83°F||good weather||Sint Maarten in june|
|July||83°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Sint Maarten in july|
|August||83°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Sint Maarten in august|
|September||85°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Sint Maarten in september|
|October||83°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Sint Maarten in october|
|November||83°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Sint Maarten in november|
|December||81°F/81°F||good weather||Sint Maarten in december|
Weather and climate in Sint Maarten
- Between january and april the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 81°F and it rains about 3.8in each month.
- Between the months of may and october the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 85°F°C and, in october, 12 days of rain are expected.
- Between november and december the climate is good. At lunchtime, it's 81°F in average and it rains about 19% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Sint Maarten
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Sint Maarten: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Sint Maarten
Find out when Sint Maarten has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Sint Maarten
- Very low season in Sint Maarten
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, September, October and November.
- Low season in Sint Maarten
The months with low numbers of tourists are: June and July.
- High season in Sint Maarten
The number of visitors to Sint Maarten is high in: January, April, August and December.
- Peek season in Sint Maarten
The largest number of tourists visiting Sint Maarten is during: February and March.
Figure: Visitor index for Sint Maarten month by month
Best time for low prices in Sint Maarten
Average prices of hotels in Sint Maarten month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Sint Maarten. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Sint Maarten
A return flight between London and Sint Maarten is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 899 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 394 more for your airline ticket to Sint Maarten if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Sint Maarten
On average, it costs $ 17 per day to hire a car in Sint Maarten. This price varies by $ 6 depending on the month. In october, hiring a car costs an average of $ 14 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in april is $ 20.