Best time to go to Puerto Plata Average weather of Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Discover the most favorable time to go to Puerto Plata in Dominican Republic from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Puerto Plata?
When is the best time to go to Puerto Plata? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Puerto Plata are January, February, March, April, June, July, August and December
- On average, the warmest months are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The rainiest months are May, September and November
- The best months for swimming are January, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Puerto Plata a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|perfect weather||Puerto Plata in january|
|good weather||Puerto Plata in february|
|good weather||Puerto Plata in march|
|perfect weather||Puerto Plata in april|
|tolerable weather||Puerto Plata in may|
|perfect weather||Puerto Plata in june|
|perfect weather||Puerto Plata in july|
|perfect weather||Puerto Plata in august|
|tolerable weather||Puerto Plata in september|
|tolerable weather||Puerto Plata in october|
|tolerable weather||Puerto Plata in november|
|good weather||Puerto Plata in december|
Weather and climate in Puerto Plata
- Between january and august the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 88°F and it rains in august about 1.9in.
- In the month of september the climate is not good, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 88°F°C and it rains about 2.9in each month.
- From october to december the climate is good. It is for example 83°F as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 1.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Puerto Plata
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Puerto Plata: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Dominican Republic
Puerto Plata appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in the Dominican Republic appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.