Best time to go to Puerto Plata Average weather of Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Discover the most favorable time to go to Puerto Plata in Dominican Republic from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Puerto Plata?
When is the best time to go to Puerto Plata? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Puerto Plata
- On average, the warmest months are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The rainiest months are May and November
- The best months for swimming are January, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Puerto Plata a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||74°F/81°F||perfect weather||Puerto Plata in january|
|February||74°F/81°F||good weather||Puerto Plata in february|
|March||74°F/81°F||good weather||Puerto Plata in march|
|April||76°F/83°F||perfect weather||Puerto Plata in april|
|May||77°F/85°F||good weather||Puerto Plata in may|
|June||81°F/86°F||perfect weather||Puerto Plata in june|
|July||81°F/88°F||perfect weather||Puerto Plata in july|
|August||81°F/88°F||perfect weather||Puerto Plata in august|
|September||79°F/88°F||good weather||Puerto Plata in september|
|October||79°F/86°F||good weather||Puerto Plata in october|
|November||77°F/85°F||good weather||Puerto Plata in november|
|December||76°F/83°F||good weather||Puerto Plata in december|
Weather and climate in Puerto Plata
- Between january and august the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 88°F and it rains in august about 2.9in.
- In the month of september the climate is not good, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 88°F°C and it rains about 2.8in each month.
- From october to december the climate is good. It is for example 83°F as maximum temperature in december and you can expect to have 1.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Puerto Plata
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Puerto Plata: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.