Best time to go to San Juan Average weather of San Juan, Puerto Rico
Find the best time to go to San Juan in Puerto Rico from seasonal norms, here.
When is the best time to go to San Juan?
When is the best time to go to San Juan? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in San Juan
- On average, the warmest months are April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months are May, August, September, October and November
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in San Juan
For full information about the climate and weather in San Juan a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||77°F/81°F||perfect weather||San Juan in january|
|February||77°F/81°F||perfect weather||San Juan in february|
|March||77°F/81°F||perfect weather||San Juan in march|
|April||79°F/83°F||perfect weather||San Juan in april|
|May||79°F/85°F||good weather||San Juan in may|
|June||81°F/86°F||perfect weather||San Juan in june|
|July||83°F/86°F||perfect weather||San Juan in july|
|August||83°F/86°F||perfect weather||San Juan in august|
|September||83°F/86°F||good weather||San Juan in september|
|October||83°F/86°F||good weather||San Juan in october|
|November||81°F/85°F||good weather||San Juan in november|
|December||79°F/83°F||perfect weather||San Juan in december|
Weather and climate in San Juan
- From january to april the climate is good. The temperature rises to 83°F and, in april, 2 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of may the climate is correct. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and it rains about 19% of the time in may.
- In june the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 86°F and it rains in june about 1.9in.
- Between july and december the climate is okay. In average, on the morning it is 79°F and, in december, 4 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in San Juan
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of San Juan: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in San Juan
Find out when San Juan has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in San Juan
- Very low season in San Juan
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: September and October.
- Low season in San Juan
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, April, May, June, August and November.
- High season in San Juan
The number of visitors to San Juan is high in: January, March and July.
- Peak season in San Juan
The largest number of tourists visiting San Juan is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for San Juan month by month
Best time for low prices in San Juan
Average prices of hotels in San Juan month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in San Juan. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, March is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to San Juan
A return flight between London and San Juan is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 707 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 325 more for your airline ticket to San Juan if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in San Juan
On average, it costs $ 84 per day to hire a car in San Juan. This price varies by $ 139 depending on the month. In september, hiring a car costs an average of $ 49 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in december is $ 188.