When is the best time to go to Koh Tao?
When is the best time to go to Koh Tao? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Koh Tao are January, February and March
- On average, the warmest months are February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- November is the rainiest month
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Koh Tao a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||28°C/30°C||242mm||good weather||Koh Tao in january|
|February||28°C/30°C||69mm||good weather||Koh Tao in february|
|March||29°C/32°C||168mm||good weather||Koh Tao in march|
|April||30°C/33°C||180mm||tolerable weather||Koh Tao in april|
|May||30°C/33°C||167mm||bad weather||Koh Tao in may|
|June||30°C/33°C||203mm||bad weather||Koh Tao in june|
|July||29°C/33°C||220mm||bad weather||Koh Tao in july|
|August||29°C/33°C||182mm||tolerable weather||Koh Tao in august|
|September||29°C/32°C||232mm||tolerable weather||Koh Tao in september|
|October||29°C/32°C||350mm||tolerable weather||Koh Tao in october|
|November||29°C/32°C||509mm||tolerable weather||Koh Tao in november|
|December||29°C/31°C||296mm||tolerable weather||Koh Tao in december|
Weather and climate in Koh Tao
- Between january and february the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 30°C in average and, in february, 10 days of rain are expected.
- From march to april the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 32°C in average and it rains about 180mm each month.
- From may to july the climate is not good. The temperature rises to 33°C and it rains about 83% of the time in july.
- Between the months of august and september the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 29°C and it rains about 79% of the time in september.
- In the month of october the climate is unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 30°C and it rains about 350mm each month.
- In november the climate is very unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 30°C and it rains about 86% of the time in november.
- In the month of december the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 29°C.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Koh Tao
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Koh Tao: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Thailand
Koh Tao appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Thailand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.