Best time to go to Koh Tao Average weather of Koh Tao, Thailand
Discover the best time to go to Koh Tao in Thailand from average climate conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Koh Tao?
When is the best time to go to Koh Tao? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Koh Tao are February, March and April
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are October and November
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Koh Tao
For full information about the climate and weather in Koh Tao a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||81°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Koh Tao in january|
|February||81°F/83°F||good weather||Koh Tao in february|
|March||83°F/85°F||good weather||Koh Tao in march|
|April||85°F/86°F||good weather||Koh Tao in april|
|May||85°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Koh Tao in may|
|June||85°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Koh Tao in june|
|July||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Koh Tao in july|
|August||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Koh Tao in august|
|September||83°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Koh Tao in september|
|October||83°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Koh Tao in october|
|November||83°F/85°F||very bad weather||Koh Tao in november|
|December||83°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Koh Tao in december|
Weather and climate in Koh Tao
- Between january and february the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 83°F in average and, in february, 5 days of rain are expected.
- From march to april the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average and it rains about 7.7in each month.
- From may to july the climate is not good. The temperature rises to 86°F and it rains about 46% of the time in july.
- Between the months of august and september the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 83°F and it rains about 52% of the time in september.
- In the month of october the climate is unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 85°F and it rains about 17.6in each month.
- In november the climate is very unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 85°F and it rains about 70% of the time in november.
- In the month of december the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 83°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Koh Tao
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Koh Tao: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Koh Tao
Find out when Koh Tao has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Koh Tao
- Very low season in Koh Tao
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, October and November.
- Low season in Koh Tao
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April and September.
- High season in Koh Tao
The number of visitors to Koh Tao is high in: July.
- Peek season in Koh Tao
The largest number of tourists visiting Koh Tao is during: August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Koh Tao month by month
Best time for low prices in Koh Tao
Average prices of hotels in Koh Tao month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Koh Tao. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.