When is the best time to go to Khao Lak national Park?
When is the best time to go to Khao Lak national Park? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Khao Lak national Park are January, February and December
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are June, July and September
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Khao Lak national Park a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||24°C/32°C||82mm||good weather||Khao Lak national Park in january|
|February||24°C/33°C||62mm||good weather||Khao Lak national Park in february|
|March||25°C/34°C||213mm||tolerable weather||Khao Lak national Park in march|
|April||27°C/33°C||228mm||tolerable weather||Khao Lak national Park in april|
|May||28°C/33°C||341mm||tolerable weather||Khao Lak national Park in may|
|June||28°C/32°C||561mm||tolerable weather||Khao Lak national Park in june|
|July||27°C/31°C||560mm||tolerable weather||Khao Lak national Park in july|
|August||27°C/32°C||389mm||tolerable weather||Khao Lak national Park in august|
|September||27°C/32°C||505mm||tolerable weather||Khao Lak national Park in september|
|October||27°C/32°C||380mm||tolerable weather||Khao Lak national Park in october|
|November||26°C/33°C||177mm||tolerable weather||Khao Lak national Park in november|
|December||25°C/32°C||119mm||good weather||Khao Lak national Park in december|
Weather and climate in Khao Lak national Park
About the climate
Known around the world for the reputation of its national park, Khao Lak sees the heat throughout the entire year, much like the capital Bangkok. Due to its geographical location on the Isthmus, which connects the rest of the territory with Malaysia, this locality is more exposed to the monsoon - blowing in from the Bay of Bengal. The climate of Khao Lak is characterized by two seasons: the rainy season, between May and October and the dry season - with relatively low precipitation because rain is ubiquitous in this region.
Climate in Khao Lak during the Dry Season
The maritime influence of the Gulf of Bengal brings humidity to the bordering shoreline - whether in Thailand, as in the case of Phuket or on the east coast of India. The rains are therefore inherent to the climate of Khao Lak however during the period from November to April, they dwindle considerably. The climatic conditions become more lenient and the intermittent showers leave more time for the sun to flood this area.
If one is looking for the best time to discover this other facets of Thailand, focus on the months of January and February provide a comfortable warmth and relatively dry days.
Climate of Khao Lak during the Wet Season
During the wet season, the weather in Khao Lak resembles that of Koh Phi-Phi Island. Not only is it hot, but the humidity is also at its peak. Hence the influx of vacationers travelling towards destinations like Pattaya, which are favored by their geographical location.
Similar to those of Koh Samui, climatic conditions in Khao Lak are dominated by the abundance of rain which can become torrential due to the influence of the monsoon.
If one still desires to visit throughout this period of time, bring waterproof clothing - which will allow outings in spite of the rain.
The month-by-month climate
- Between january and february the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 33°C°C and it rains in february about 62mm.
- Between the months of march and may the climate is correct. At lunchtime, it's 33°C in average.
- Between the months of june and july the climate is very unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 29°C and it rains in july about 560mm.
- In august the climate is unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 27°C and it rains in august about 389mm.
- In september the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 31°C in average and you can expect to have 505mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is okay. the thermometer goes up to 32°C°C and it rains in december about 119mm.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Khao Lak national Park
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Khao Lak national Park: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Thailand
Khao Lak national Park appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Thailand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.