When is the best time to go to Koh Phangan?
When is the best time to go to Koh Phangan? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Koh Phangan are January, February and March
- On average, the warmest months are February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- November is the rainiest month
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Koh Phangan a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||28°C/30°C||242mm||good weather||Koh Phangan in january|
|February||28°C/30°C||69mm||good weather||Koh Phangan in february|
|March||29°C/32°C||168mm||good weather||Koh Phangan in march|
|April||30°C/33°C||182mm||tolerable weather||Koh Phangan in april|
|May||30°C/33°C||166mm||bad weather||Koh Phangan in may|
|June||30°C/33°C||203mm||bad weather||Koh Phangan in june|
|July||29°C/33°C||220mm||bad weather||Koh Phangan in july|
|August||29°C/33°C||182mm||tolerable weather||Koh Phangan in august|
|September||29°C/32°C||232mm||tolerable weather||Koh Phangan in september|
|October||29°C/32°C||351mm||tolerable weather||Koh Phangan in october|
|November||29°C/32°C||509mm||tolerable weather||Koh Phangan in november|
|December||29°C/31°C||296mm||tolerable weather||Koh Phangan in december|
Weather and climate in Koh Phangan
- From january to february the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 30°C°C and it rains about 33% of the time in february.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 31°C.
- Between the months of may and july the climate is unfavorable. It is for example 33°C as maximum temperature in july and, in july, 26 days of rain are expected.
- Between august and september the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 29°C and it rains in september about 232mm.
- In the month of october the climate is bad. It is for example 32°C as maximum temperature in october and it rains in october about 351mm.
- In november the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 32°C as maximum temperature in november and you can expect to have 509mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In december the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 31°C.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Koh Phangan
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Koh Phangan: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Thailand
Koh Phangan appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Thailand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.