Best time to go to Koh Phangan Average weather of Koh Phangan, Thailand
Find the perfect time to go to Koh Phangan in Thailand from seasonal norms below.
When is the best time to go to Koh Phangan?
When is the best time to go to Koh Phangan? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Koh Phangan are February, March and April
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are October and November
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Koh Phangan
For full information about the climate and weather in Koh Phangan a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||81°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Koh Phangan in january|
|February||81°F/83°F||good weather||Koh Phangan in february|
|March||83°F/85°F||good weather||Koh Phangan in march|
|April||85°F/86°F||good weather||Koh Phangan in april|
|May||85°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Koh Phangan in may|
|June||85°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Koh Phangan in june|
|July||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Koh Phangan in july|
|August||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Koh Phangan in august|
|September||83°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Koh Phangan in september|
|October||83°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Koh Phangan in october|
|November||83°F/85°F||very bad weather||Koh Phangan in november|
|December||83°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Koh Phangan in december|
Weather and climate in Koh Phangan
- From january to february the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 83°F°C and it rains about 16% of the time in february.
- Between the months of march and april the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 86°F.
- Between the months of may and july the climate is unfavorable. It is for example 86°F as maximum temperature in july and, in july, 14 days of rain are expected.
- Between august and september the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 83°F and it rains in september about 10.5in.
- In the month of october the climate is bad. It is for example 85°F as maximum temperature in october and it rains in october about 17.6in.
- In november the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 85°F as maximum temperature in november and you can expect to have 21.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In december the climate is passable, but still OK. The temperature rises to 85°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Koh Phangan
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Koh Phangan: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Koh Phangan
Find out when Koh Phangan has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Koh Phangan
- Very low season in Koh Phangan
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, October and November.
- Low season in Koh Phangan
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April and September.
- High season in Koh Phangan
The number of visitors to Koh Phangan is high in: January, February and July.
- Peek season in Koh Phangan
The largest number of tourists visiting Koh Phangan is during: August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Koh Phangan month by month
Best time for low prices in Koh Phangan
Average prices of hotels in Koh Phangan month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Koh Phangan. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.