Best time to go to Yogyakarta Average weather of Yogyakarta, Java
Find the perfect time to go to Yogyakarta in Indonesia from average weather conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Yogyakarta?
When is the best time to go to Yogyakarta? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Yogyakarta are July, August and September
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are January, February, March, April and November
Annual weather in Yogyakarta
For full information about the climate and weather in Yogyakarta a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||76°F/86°F||very bad weather||Yogyakarta in january|
|February||77°F/86°F||very bad weather||Yogyakarta in february|
|March||77°F/88°F||very bad weather||Yogyakarta in march|
|April||79°F/86°F||bad weather||Yogyakarta in april|
|May||79°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Yogyakarta in may|
|June||77°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Yogyakarta in june|
|July||76°F/85°F||good weather||Yogyakarta in july|
|August||76°F/86°F||good weather||Yogyakarta in august|
|September||77°F/86°F||good weather||Yogyakarta in september|
|October||77°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Yogyakarta in october|
|November||77°F/86°F||very bad weather||Yogyakarta in november|
|December||77°F/86°F||bad weather||Yogyakarta in december|
Weather and climate in Yogyakarta
- From january to april the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 86°F in average and it rains in april about 19.1in.
- In may the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 86°F as maximum temperature in may and it rains in may about 15.4in.
- Between the months of june and september the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 76°F and it rains in september about 5.4in.
- In october the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 88°F°C and, in october, 16 days of rain are expected.
- Between november and december the climate is very bad. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C and it rains in december about 16.8in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Yogyakarta
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Yogyakarta: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Yogyakarta
Find out when Yogyakarta has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Yogyakarta
- Very low season in Yogyakarta
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Yogyakarta
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May, June, October and November.
- High season in Yogyakarta
The number of visitors to Yogyakarta is high in: July and September.
- Peek season in Yogyakarta
The largest number of tourists visiting Yogyakarta is during: August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Yogyakarta month by month
Best time for low prices in Yogyakarta
Average prices of hotels in Yogyakarta month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Yogyakarta. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, December is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.