Best time to go to Port Augusta Average weather of Port Augusta, Australia
Discover the perfect time to visit Port Augusta in Australia from seasonal norms right here.
When is the best time to go to Port Augusta?
When is the best time to go to Port Augusta? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Port Augusta are January, February, March, April, May, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February and December
- The coldest months are July and August
Annual weather in Port Augusta
For full information about the climate and weather in Port Augusta a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||72°F/94°F||perfect weather||Port Augusta in january|
|February||70°F/92°F||perfect weather||Port Augusta in february|
|March||65°F/86°F||perfect weather||Port Augusta in march|
|April||59°F/79°F||perfect weather||Port Augusta in april|
|May||52°F/70°F||good weather||Port Augusta in may|
|June||49°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Port Augusta in june|
|July||47°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Port Augusta in july|
|August||47°F/67°F||tolerable weather||Port Augusta in august|
|September||50°F/74°F||good weather||Port Augusta in september|
|October||58°F/81°F||perfect weather||Port Augusta in october|
|November||65°F/85°F||perfect weather||Port Augusta in november|
|December||70°F/90°F||perfect weather||Port Augusta in december|
Weather and climate in Port Augusta
- Between january and april the climate is very good. At lunchtime, it's 77°F in average and, in april, 2 days of rain are expected.
- From may to september the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 50°F and it rains in september about 1.3in.
- From october to december the climate is very good. The temperature rises to 90°F and you can expect to have 1.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Port Augusta
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Port Augusta: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Port Augusta
Find out when Port Augusta has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Port Augusta
- Very low season in Port Augusta
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: February, March, May and June.
- Low season in Port Augusta
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, April, August and November.
- High season in Port Augusta
The number of visitors to Port Augusta is high in: July, September and October.
- Peak season in Port Augusta
The largest number of tourists visiting Port Augusta is during: December.