Best time to go to Ketchikan Average weather of Ketchikan, Alaska
Find the most favorable time to visit Ketchikan in Alaska from average weather conditions, here.
When is the best time to go to Ketchikan?
When is the best time to go to Ketchikan? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Ketchikan are May, June, July, August and September
- February is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, September, October, November and December
Annual weather in Ketchikan
For full information about the climate and weather in Ketchikan a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||34°F/38°F||very bad weather||Ketchikan in january|
|February||32°F/38°F||very bad weather||Ketchikan in february|
|March||34°F/41°F||very bad weather||Ketchikan in march|
|April||40°F/47°F||very bad weather||Ketchikan in april|
|May||47°F/56°F||tolerable weather||Ketchikan in may|
|June||52°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Ketchikan in june|
|July||56°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Ketchikan in july|
|August||56°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Ketchikan in august|
|September||50°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Ketchikan in september|
|October||43°F/50°F||bad weather||Ketchikan in october|
|November||38°F/41°F||very bad weather||Ketchikan in november|
|December||34°F/38°F||very bad weather||Ketchikan in december|
Weather and climate in Ketchikan
- Between january and march the climate is very bad. The record temperature this month is 58°F and you can expect to have 14.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of april the climate is not good. The record temperature this month is 61°F and it rains about 43% of the time in april.
- Between the months of may and august the climate is not good, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 59°F and you can expect to have 13.7in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of september and october the climate is bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 47°F.
- From november to december the climate is very unfavorable. It is for example 38°F as maximum temperature in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Ketchikan
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Ketchikan: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Ketchikan
Find out when Ketchikan has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Ketchikan
- Very low season in Ketchikan
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, April, October, November and December.
- Low season in Ketchikan
The months with low numbers of tourists are: September.
- High season in Ketchikan
The number of visitors to Ketchikan is high in: May and June.
- Peek season in Ketchikan
The largest number of tourists visiting Ketchikan is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Ketchikan month by month
Best time for low prices in Ketchikan
Average prices of hotels in Ketchikan month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Ketchikan. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.