Best time to go to Fairbanks Average weather of Fairbanks, Alaska
Find the most favorable time to go to Fairbanks in Alaska from average weather conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Fairbanks?
When is the best time to go to Fairbanks? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Fairbanks are June, July and August
- On average, the warmest months are June and July
- January is the coldest month of the year
- August is the rainiest month
Annual weather in Fairbanks
For full information about the climate and weather in Fairbanks a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-4°F/4°F||very bad weather||Fairbanks in january|
|February||-0°F/13°F||very bad weather||Fairbanks in february|
|March||5°F/20°F||very bad weather||Fairbanks in march|
|April||25°F/38°F||very bad weather||Fairbanks in april|
|May||45°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Fairbanks in may|
|June||56°F/68°F||good weather||Fairbanks in june|
|July||58°F/72°F||good weather||Fairbanks in july|
|August||50°F/63°F||good weather||Fairbanks in august|
|September||40°F/52°F||very bad weather||Fairbanks in september|
|October||25°F/34°F||very bad weather||Fairbanks in october|
|November||5°F/13°F||very bad weather||Fairbanks in november|
|December||-0°F/7°F||very bad weather||Fairbanks in december|
Weather and climate in Fairbanks
- From january to april the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 36°F and it rains about 1.6in each month.
- In may the climate is passable, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 59°F°C and it rains about 6% of the time in may.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is beautiful. The temperature rises to 63°F and, in august, 7 days of rain are expected.
- In september the climate is bad. The temperature rises to 52°F and it rains about 2.8in each month.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is the worst possible. The record temperature this month is 40°F and, in december, 1 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Fairbanks
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Fairbanks: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Fairbanks
Find out when Fairbanks has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Fairbanks
- Very low season in Fairbanks
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, April and November.
- Low season in Fairbanks
The months with low numbers of tourists are: May, October and December.
- High season in Fairbanks
The number of visitors to Fairbanks is high in: March and September.
- Peek season in Fairbanks
The largest number of tourists visiting Fairbanks is during: June, July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Fairbanks month by month
Best time for low prices in Fairbanks
Average prices of hotels in Fairbanks month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Fairbanks. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Fairbanks
On average, it costs $ 42 per day to hire a car in Fairbanks. This price varies by $ 12 depending on the month. In march, hiring a car costs an average of $ 38 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in august is $ 49.