Best time to go to Tok Average weather of Tok, Alaska
Discover the very best time to visit Tok in Alaska from average weather conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Tok?
When is the best time to go to Tok? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Tok are June and July
- On average, the warmest months are June and July
- The coldest months are January, February and December
- The rainiest months are June, July and August
Annual weather in Tok
For full information about the climate and weather in Tok a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-7°F/-0°F||very bad weather||Tok in january|
|February||-4°F/7°F||very bad weather||Tok in february|
|March||-0°F/16°F||very bad weather||Tok in march|
|April||20°F/36°F||very bad weather||Tok in april|
|May||43°F/58°F||tolerable weather||Tok in may|
|June||54°F/68°F||good weather||Tok in june|
|July||56°F/72°F||good weather||Tok in july|
|August||49°F/65°F||tolerable weather||Tok in august|
|September||38°F/52°F||very bad weather||Tok in september|
|October||23°F/32°F||very bad weather||Tok in october|
|November||2°F/9°F||very bad weather||Tok in november|
|December||-5°F/2°F||very bad weather||Tok in december|
Weather and climate in Tok
- Between the months of january and april the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 36°F and it rains about 2% of the time in april.
- In the month of may the climate is correct. In average, on the morning it is 43°F and it rains in may about 1.6in.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 83°F and, in august, 5 days of rain are expected.
- From september to december the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 32°F and you can expect to have 0.6in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Tok
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Tok: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Tok
Find out when Tok has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Tok
- Very low season in Tok
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, April, October and November.
- Low season in Tok
The months with low numbers of tourists are: May, September and December.
- High season in Tok
The number of visitors to Tok is high in: June and August.
- Peek season in Tok
The largest number of tourists visiting Tok is during: July.
Figure: Visitor index for Tok month by month
Best time for low prices in Tok
Average prices of hotels in Tok month by month
Generally, April is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Tok. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.