Best time to go to Kenai Average weather of Kenai, Alaska
Discover the perfect time to go to Kenai in Alaska from average climate conditions, here.
When is the best time to go to Kenai?
When is the best time to go to Kenai? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Kenai are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are August, September and October
Annual weather in Kenai
For full information about the climate and weather in Kenai a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||22°F/25°F||very bad weather||Kenai in january|
|February||22°F/27°F||very bad weather||Kenai in february|
|March||23°F/31°F||very bad weather||Kenai in march|
|April||34°F/41°F||very bad weather||Kenai in april|
|May||43°F/52°F||bad weather||Kenai in may|
|June||50°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Kenai in june|
|July||54°F/63°F||good weather||Kenai in july|
|August||52°F/61°F||good weather||Kenai in august|
|September||49°F/54°F||bad weather||Kenai in september|
|October||40°F/43°F||very bad weather||Kenai in october|
|November||29°F/32°F||very bad weather||Kenai in november|
|December||25°F/29°F||very bad weather||Kenai in december|
Weather and climate in Kenai
- Between the months of january and april the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 40°F in average and it rains in april about 2.6in.
- In the month of may the climate is unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 50°F in average and it rains about 14% of the time in may.
- In the month of june the climate is not good, but still OK. In average, on the morning it is 50°F and it rains in june about 2.4in.
- In july the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 63°F and it rains about 3.6in each month.
- In august the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 59°F in average and you can expect to have 5.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In september the climate is bad. In average, on the morning it is 49°F and it rains in september about 6.2in.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 29°F and it rains about 3.7in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Kenai
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Kenai: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Kenai
Find out when Kenai has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Kenai
- Very low season in Kenai
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, April, October, November and December.
- Low season in Kenai
The months with low numbers of tourists are: May and September.
- High season in Kenai
The number of visitors to Kenai is high in: June and August.
- Peek season in Kenai
The largest number of tourists visiting Kenai is during: July.
Figure: Visitor index for Kenai month by month
Best time for low prices in Kenai
Average prices of hotels in Kenai month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Kenai. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Kenai
On average, it costs $ 41 per day to hire a car in Kenai. This price varies by $ 16 depending on the month. In november, hiring a car costs an average of $ 34 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 49.