Best time to go to Thessaloniki Average weather of Thessaloniki, Greece
Discover the perfect time to visit Thessaloniki in Greece from average weather conditions right here.
When is the best time to go to Thessaloniki?
When is the best time to go to Thessaloniki? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Thessaloniki are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- March is the rainiest month
- The best months for swimming are July and August
Annual weather in Thessaloniki
For full information about the climate and weather in Thessaloniki a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||38°F/50°F||very bad weather||Thessaloniki in january|
|February||41°F/54°F||very bad weather||Thessaloniki in february|
|March||47°F/59°F||tolerable weather||Thessaloniki in march|
|April||56°F/68°F||good weather||Thessaloniki in april|
|May||67°F/77°F||good weather||Thessaloniki in may|
|June||74°F/86°F||good weather||Thessaloniki in june|
|July||79°F/92°F||perfect weather||Thessaloniki in july|
|August||79°F/92°F||perfect weather||Thessaloniki in august|
|September||70°F/83°F||perfect weather||Thessaloniki in september|
|October||59°F/72°F||perfect weather||Thessaloniki in october|
|November||52°F/63°F||good weather||Thessaloniki in november|
|December||41°F/54°F||very bad weather||Thessaloniki in december|
Weather and climate in Thessaloniki
- From january to february the climate is very bad. The temperature rises to 54°F.
- In march the climate is not good, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 50°F and, in march, 6 days of rain are expected.
- From april to june the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 108°F and, in june, 5 days of rain are expected.
- Between july and august the climate is very good. the thermometer goes up to 92°F°C.
- Between september and october the climate is good. At lunchtime, it's 72°F in average.
- In november the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 63°F as maximum temperature in november and, in november, 4 days of rain are expected.
- In december the climate is very bad. In average, on the morning it is 41°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Thessaloniki
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Thessaloniki: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Thessaloniki
Find out when Thessaloniki has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Thessaloniki
- Very low season in Thessaloniki
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Thessaloniki
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, May, November and December.
- High season in Thessaloniki
The number of visitors to Thessaloniki is high in: June, September and October.
- Peek season in Thessaloniki
The largest number of tourists visiting Thessaloniki is during: July and August.
Figure: Visitor index for Thessaloniki month by month
Best time for low prices in Thessaloniki
Average prices of hotels in Thessaloniki month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Thessaloniki. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, September is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Thessaloniki
A return flight between London and Thessaloniki is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 71 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 114 more for your airline ticket to Thessaloniki if you go in august.
Average price of hiring a car in Thessaloniki
On average, it costs $ 20 per day to hire a car in Thessaloniki. This price varies by $ 30 depending on the month. In april, hiring a car costs an average of $ 11 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in august is $ 41.