Best time to go to Gangneung Average weather of Gangneung, South Korea
Find the most favorable time to go to Gangneung in South Korea from seasonal norms, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Gangneung?
When is the best time to go to Gangneung? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Gangneung are May, June, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are July, August and September
- The best months for swimming are July, August and September
For full information about the climate and weather in Gangneung a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Gangneung in january|
|very bad weather||Gangneung in february|
|very bad weather||Gangneung in march|
|tolerable weather||Gangneung in april|
|good weather||Gangneung in may|
|good weather||Gangneung in june|
|tolerable weather||Gangneung in july|
|good weather||Gangneung in august|
|good weather||Gangneung in september|
|good weather||Gangneung in october|
|bad weather||Gangneung in november|
|very bad weather||Gangneung in december|
Weather and climate in Gangneung
- Between the months of january and march the climate is the worst possible. The temperature rises to 47°F and, in march, 6 days of rain are expected.
- In the month of april the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 54°F and it rains about 22% of the time in april.
- From may to october the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 63°F°C and you can expect to have 2.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In november the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 50°F in average and it rains about 19% of the time in november.
- In the month of december the climate is very unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 58°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Gangneung
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Gangneung: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of South Korea
Gangneung appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in South Korea appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.