Best time to go to Ella Average weather of Ella, Sri Lanka
Find the perfect time to visit Ella in Sri Lanka from seasonal norms below.
When is the best time to go to Ella?
When is the best time to go to Ella? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Ella are January and February
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The rainiest months are October and November
Annual weather in Ella
For full information about the climate and weather in Ella a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||68°F/77°F||good weather||Ella in january|
|February||70°F/81°F||good weather||Ella in february|
|March||72°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Ella in march|
|April||74°F/83°F||very bad weather||Ella in april|
|May||74°F/83°F||very bad weather||Ella in may|
|June||74°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Ella in june|
|July||74°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Ella in july|
|August||74°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Ella in august|
|September||72°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Ella in september|
|October||72°F/81°F||very bad weather||Ella in october|
|November||70°F/79°F||very bad weather||Ella in november|
|December||70°F/77°F||tolerable weather||Ella in december|
Weather and climate in Ella
- From january to february the climate is passable, but still OK. the thermometer goes up to 81°F°C.
- In the month of march the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 81°F in average and it rains about 41% of the time in march.
- Between april and may the climate is very unfavorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 72°F.
- Between june and august the climate is not good, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 70°F and it rains in august about 12.4in.
- In the month of september the climate is not good. By early evening, the temperature averages 70°F.
- From october to december the climate is the worst possible. the thermometer goes up to 77°F°C.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Ella
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Ella: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Ella
Find out when Ella has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Ella
- Very low season in Ella
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May and October.
- Low season in Ella
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, June and November.
- High season in Ella
The number of visitors to Ella is high in: January, February, July and September.
- Peek season in Ella
The largest number of tourists visiting Ella is during: August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Ella month by month
Best time for low prices in Ella
Average prices of hotels in Ella month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Ella. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.