When is the best time to go to Batticaloa?
When is the best time to go to Batticaloa? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Batticaloa are February and March
- On average, the warmest months are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- December is the rainiest month
For full information about the climate and weather in Batticaloa a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||26°C/30°C||266mm||tolerable weather||Batticaloa in january|
|February||26°C/31°C||182mm||good weather||Batticaloa in february|
|March||27°C/33°C||97mm||good weather||Batticaloa in march|
|April||28°C/34°C||110mm||tolerable weather||Batticaloa in april|
|May||28°C/35°C||133mm||bad weather||Batticaloa in may|
|June||28°C/35°C||53mm||bad weather||Batticaloa in june|
|July||27°C/35°C||48mm||tolerable weather||Batticaloa in july|
|August||27°C/35°C||100mm||tolerable weather||Batticaloa in august|
|September||27°C/34°C||121mm||tolerable weather||Batticaloa in september|
|October||27°C/34°C||197mm||tolerable weather||Batticaloa in october|
|November||27°C/32°C||373mm||tolerable weather||Batticaloa in november|
|December||26°C/30°C||522mm||tolerable weather||Batticaloa in december|
Weather and climate in Batticaloa
- In the month of january the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 30°C°C and it rains about 266mm each month.
- Between the months of february and march the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 33°C°C and it rains about 37% of the time in march.
- In the month of april the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 34°C as maximum temperature in april and you can expect to have 110mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of may and june the climate is bad. It is for example 35°C as maximum temperature in june.
- Between july and november the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 26°C and you can expect to have 373mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of december the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 30°C in average.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Batticaloa
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Batticaloa: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Sri Lanka
Batticaloa appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Sri Lanka appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.