Best time to go to Batticaloa Average weather of Batticaloa, Sri Lanka
Discover the most favorable time to visit Batticaloa in Sri Lanka from seasonal averages below.
When is the best time to go to Batticaloa?
When is the best time to go to Batticaloa? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Batticaloa are February, March, April, May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are March, April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- December is the rainiest month
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Batticaloa
For full information about the climate and weather in Batticaloa a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Batticaloa in january|
|February||79°F/85°F||good weather||Batticaloa in february|
|March||83°F/86°F||good weather||Batticaloa in march|
|April||85°F/90°F||good weather||Batticaloa in april|
|May||85°F/92°F||good weather||Batticaloa in may|
|June||85°F/94°F||good weather||Batticaloa in june|
|July||85°F/92°F||good weather||Batticaloa in july|
|August||85°F/92°F||good weather||Batticaloa in august|
|September||85°F/92°F||good weather||Batticaloa in september|
|October||83°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Batticaloa in october|
|November||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Batticaloa in november|
|December||81°F/83°F||very bad weather||Batticaloa in december|
Weather and climate in Batticaloa
- In the month of january the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 83°F°C and it rains about 13.7in each month.
- Between the months of february and march the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C and it rains about 19% of the time in march.
- In the month of april the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 90°F as maximum temperature in april and you can expect to have 5.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of may and june the climate is bad. It is for example 94°F as maximum temperature in june.
- Between july and november the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 81°F and you can expect to have 18.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of december the climate is very bad. At lunchtime, it's 83°F in average.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Batticaloa
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Batticaloa: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Batticaloa
Find out when Batticaloa has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Batticaloa
- Very low season in Batticaloa
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, May, June, October, November and December.
- Low season in Batticaloa
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April and September.
- High season in Batticaloa
The number of visitors to Batticaloa is high in: July.
- Peek season in Batticaloa
The largest number of tourists visiting Batticaloa is during: August.
Figure: Visitor index for Batticaloa month by month
Best time for low prices in Batticaloa
Average prices of hotels in Batticaloa month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Batticaloa. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.