Best time to go to Puerto Vallarta Average weather of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Find the most favorable time to visit Puerto Vallarta in Mexico from average weather conditions here.
When is the best time to go to Puerto Vallarta?
When is the best time to go to Puerto Vallarta? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Puerto Vallarta are January, February, March, April, May, June, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- April is the driest month
- The rainiest months are July, August and September
- The best months for swimming are May, June, July, August, September, October and November
Annual weather in Puerto Vallarta
For full information about the climate and weather in Puerto Vallarta a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||61°F/85°F||perfect weather||Puerto Vallarta in january|
|February||61°F/86°F||perfect weather||Puerto Vallarta in february|
|March||63°F/88°F||perfect weather||Puerto Vallarta in march|
|April||65°F/90°F||perfect weather||Puerto Vallarta in april|
|May||68°F/92°F||perfect weather||Puerto Vallarta in may|
|June||70°F/90°F||good weather||Puerto Vallarta in june|
|July||70°F/90°F||bad weather||Puerto Vallarta in july|
|August||70°F/90°F||bad weather||Puerto Vallarta in august|
|September||70°F/88°F||bad weather||Puerto Vallarta in september|
|October||68°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Puerto Vallarta in october|
|November||65°F/88°F||good weather||Puerto Vallarta in november|
|December||61°F/85°F||perfect weather||Puerto Vallarta in december|
Weather and climate in Puerto Vallarta
- From january to april the climate is perfect. At lunchtime, it's 90°F in average and it rains about 0.2in each month.
- In the month of may the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 68°F and, in may, 2 days of rain are expected.
- From june to october the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 97°F and you can expect to have 10.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between november and december the climate is perfect. By early evening, the temperature averages 72°F and, in december, 3 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Puerto Vallarta
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Puerto Vallarta: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Puerto Vallarta
Find out when Puerto Vallarta has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Puerto Vallarta
- Very low season in Puerto Vallarta
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: June, September and October.
- Low season in Puerto Vallarta
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, May, July and August.
- High season in Puerto Vallarta
The number of visitors to Puerto Vallarta is high in: January, February and November.
- Peek season in Puerto Vallarta
The largest number of tourists visiting Puerto Vallarta is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Puerto Vallarta month by month
Best time for low prices in Puerto Vallarta
Average prices of hotels in Puerto Vallarta month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Puerto Vallarta. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Puerto Vallarta
On average, it costs $ 15 per day to hire a car in Puerto Vallarta. This price varies by $ 4.8 depending on the month. In february, hiring a car costs an average of $ 12 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 17.