Best time to go to Tamarindo Average weather of Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Discover the best time to visit Tamarindo in Costa Rica from seasonal averages, below.
When is the best time to go to Tamarindo?
When is the best time to go to Tamarindo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Tamarindo are January, February, March, April, May, July, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, July and August
- Tamarindo has dry periods in January, February, March and December
- The rainiest months are June, September and October
For full information about the climate and weather in Tamarindo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|good weather||Tamarindo in january|
|good weather||Tamarindo in february|
|good weather||Tamarindo in march|
|good weather||Tamarindo in april|
|good weather||Tamarindo in may|
|tolerable weather||Tamarindo in june|
|good weather||Tamarindo in july|
|tolerable weather||Tamarindo in august|
|tolerable weather||Tamarindo in september|
|tolerable weather||Tamarindo in october|
|good weather||Tamarindo in november|
|good weather||Tamarindo in december|
Weather and climate in Tamarindo
- Between the months of january and march the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 99°F and it rains about 0.2in each month.
- Between the months of april and august the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 90°F as maximum temperature in august and you can expect to have 7.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of september the climate is very unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 88°F in average and it rains about 9.2in each month.
- In october the climate is okay. The temperature rises to 88°F and it rains about 76% of the time in october.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 94°F and it rains in december about 0.4in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Tamarindo
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Tamarindo: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Costa Rica
Tamarindo appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Costa Rica appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.