When is the best time to go to Tamarindo?
When is the best time to go to Tamarindo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Tamarindo are January, February, March, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August and September
- Tamarindo has dry periods in January, February and March
- The rainiest months are June, July, September and October
For full information about the climate and weather in Tamarindo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||28°C/32°C||2mm||good weather||Tamarindo in january|
|February||27°C/34°C||6mm||good weather||Tamarindo in february|
|March||23°C/35°C||4mm||good weather||Tamarindo in march|
|April||25°C/36°C||43mm||tolerable weather||Tamarindo in april|
|May||26°C/35°C||230mm||tolerable weather||Tamarindo in may|
|June||25°C/33°C||327mm||tolerable weather||Tamarindo in june|
|July||24°C/33°C||291mm||tolerable weather||Tamarindo in july|
|August||24°C/33°C||252mm||tolerable weather||Tamarindo in august|
|September||24°C/33°C||299mm||tolerable weather||Tamarindo in september|
|October||24°C/32°C||312mm||tolerable weather||Tamarindo in october|
|November||23°C/32°C||152mm||good weather||Tamarindo in november|
|December||24°C/32°C||14mm||good weather||Tamarindo in december|
Weather and climate in Tamarindo
- Between the months of january and march the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 38°C and it rains about 4mm each month.
- Between the months of april and august the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 33°C as maximum temperature in august and you can expect to have 252mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of september the climate is very unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 33°C in average and it rains about 299mm each month.
- In october the climate is okay. The temperature rises to 32°C and it rains about 85% of the time in october.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 36°C and it rains in december about 14mm.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Tamarindo
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Tamarindo: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Costa Rica
Tamarindo appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Costa Rica appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.