Best time to go to Tamarindo Average weather of Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Discover the best time to visit Tamarindo in Costa Rica from seasonal averages, below.
When is the best time to go to Tamarindo?
When is the best time to go to Tamarindo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Tamarindo are January, February, March, April, May, July, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, April, May, June and August
- Tamarindo has dry periods in January, February and March
- October is the rainiest month
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Tamarindo
For full information about the climate and weather in Tamarindo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||76°F/88°F||perfect weather||Tamarindo in january|
|February||76°F/90°F||perfect weather||Tamarindo in february|
|March||76°F/92°F||good weather||Tamarindo in march|
|April||79°F/94°F||good weather||Tamarindo in april|
|May||79°F/90°F||good weather||Tamarindo in may|
|June||79°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Tamarindo in june|
|July||77°F/86°F||good weather||Tamarindo in july|
|August||77°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Tamarindo in august|
|September||77°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Tamarindo in september|
|October||77°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Tamarindo in october|
|November||76°F/85°F||good weather||Tamarindo in november|
|December||76°F/86°F||perfect weather||Tamarindo in december|
Weather and climate in Tamarindo
- Between the months of january and march the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 95°F and it rains about 0.1in each month.
- Between the months of april and august the climate is not good, but still OK. It is for example 86°F as maximum temperature in august and you can expect to have 8.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of september the climate is very unfavorable. At lunchtime, it's 86°F in average and it rains about 10.7in each month.
- In october the climate is okay. The temperature rises to 85°F and it rains about 64% of the time in october.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 92°F and it rains in december about 0.7in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Tamarindo
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Tamarindo: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Tamarindo
Find out when Tamarindo has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Tamarindo
- Very low season in Tamarindo
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, September and October.
- Low season in Tamarindo
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April, July, August and November.
- High season in Tamarindo
The number of visitors to Tamarindo is high in: January and February.
- Peek season in Tamarindo
The largest number of tourists visiting Tamarindo is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Tamarindo month by month
Best time for low prices in Tamarindo
Average prices of hotels in Tamarindo month by month
Generally, October is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Tamarindo. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Tamarindo
On average, it costs $ 24 per day to hire a car in Tamarindo. This price varies by $ 12 depending on the month. In june, hiring a car costs an average of $ 18 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in december is $ 30.