Best time to go to Havana Average weather of Havana, Cuba
Get the perfect time to visit Havana in Cuba from average climate conditions on this page.
When is the best time to go to Havana?
When is the best time to go to Havana? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Havana are January, February, March, April, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- The rainiest months are June, July, August, September and October
- The best months for swimming are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
Annual weather in Havana
For full information about the climate and weather in Havana a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||68°F/79°F||perfect weather||Havana in january|
|February||68°F/83°F||perfect weather||Havana in february|
|March||70°F/85°F||perfect weather||Havana in march|
|April||76°F/90°F||perfect weather||Havana in april|
|May||77°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Havana in may|
|June||79°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Havana in june|
|July||81°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Havana in july|
|August||79°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Havana in august|
|September||79°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Havana in september|
|October||77°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Havana in october|
|November||72°F/83°F||perfect weather||Havana in november|
|December||70°F/81°F||perfect weather||Havana in december|
Weather and climate in Havana
- From january to may the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 81°F and it rains in may about 7.1in.
- Between the months of june and september the climate is okay. At lunchtime, it's 90°F in average and, in september, 15 days of rain are expected.
- From october to december the climate is favorable. By early evening, the temperature averages 74°F and it rains in december about 2in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Havana
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Havana: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Havana
Find out when Havana has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Havana
- Very low season in Havana
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, September and October.
- Low season in Havana
The months with low numbers of tourists are: July and August.
- High season in Havana
The number of visitors to Havana is high in: March, April and November.
- Peak season in Havana
The largest number of tourists visiting Havana is during: January, February and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Havana month by month
Best time for low prices in Havana
Average prices of hotels in Havana month by month
Generally, April is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Havana. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Find the best price for your hotel room
Average price for flights to Havana
A return flight between London and Havana is generally cheaper if you go in may ($ 621 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 579 more for your airline ticket to Havana if you go in august.
Find the best price for your flight
Average price of hiring a car in Havana
On average, it costs $ 32 per day to hire a car in Havana. This price varies by $ 11 depending on the month. In february, hiring a car costs an average of $ 26 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 36.