Best time to go to Botswana for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the best time to go to Botswana from average climate conditions in many locations like Kasane or Ghanzi, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Botswana?
When is the best time to go to Botswana? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Botswana, the weather is good everywhere in March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- The weather is good all year in Gaborone
- On average, the warmest months in Gaborone are January, February, March, September, October, November and December, and the coldest months are June and July
- The rainiest months in this city are January and December
- The cities with the best climate are Gaborone, Francistown, Maun, Tsabong, Ghanzi, Molepolole, Orapa and Serowe, with good weather at least 11 months a year
Annual weather in Botswana
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Botswana for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||72°F to 95°F||good weather*|
|February||70°F to 94°F||good weather*|
|March||68°F to 92°F||perfect weather*|
|April||65°F to 88°F||perfect weather|
|May||59°F to 86°F||perfect weather|
|June||50°F to 83°F||good weather*|
|July||50°F to 83°F||good weather*|
|August||54°F to 90°F||perfect weather*|
|September||65°F to 99°F||perfect weather|
|October||72°F to 101°F||perfect weather*|
|November||74°F to 97°F||good weather*|
|December||76°F to 95°F||good weather*|
Best time to travel to Botswana by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Botswana
On these 2 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Botswana and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Gaborone, Francistown, Maun, Tsabong and Ghanzi.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Botswana
Find out when Botswana has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Botswana
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March and April. The number of visitors to Botswana is high in: May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December.
- Very low season in Botswana: January, February, March and April.
- High season in Botswana: May and June.
- Peak season in Botswana: July, August, September, October, November and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Botswana month by month
Average price for flights to Botswana
A return flight between London and Gaborone is generally cheaper if you go in february ($ 1075 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 464 more for your airline ticket to Gaborone if you go in december.
Where to go in Botswana?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
What can I do in Botswana?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping