Best time to go to Antananarivo Average weather of Antananarivo, Madagascar
Discover the best time to visit Antananarivo in Madagascar from average weather conditions, here.
When is the best time to go to Antananarivo?
When is the best time to go to Antananarivo? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Antananarivo are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are January, February, March, October, November and December
- Antananarivo has dry periods in August and September
- The coldest months are June, July and August
- The rainiest months are January and February
Annual weather in Antananarivo
For full information about the climate and weather in Antananarivo a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||63°F/77°F||tolerable weather||Antananarivo in january|
|February||63°F/77°F||tolerable weather||Antananarivo in february|
|March||61°F/76°F||tolerable weather||Antananarivo in march|
|April||59°F/74°F||good weather||Antananarivo in april|
|May||56°F/72°F||good weather||Antananarivo in may|
|June||52°F/68°F||good weather||Antananarivo in june|
|July||50°F/67°F||good weather||Antananarivo in july|
|August||52°F/70°F||good weather||Antananarivo in august|
|September||54°F/74°F||good weather||Antananarivo in september|
|October||59°F/79°F||good weather||Antananarivo in october|
|November||63°F/81°F||good weather||Antananarivo in november|
|December||65°F/79°F||tolerable weather||Antananarivo in december|
Weather and climate in Antananarivo
- In january the climate is unfavorable. It is for example 77°F as maximum temperature in january.
- From february to march the climate is okay. The record temperature this month is 83°F and it rains about 10.2in each month.
- Between april and november the climate is good. It is for example 81°F as maximum temperature in november and it rains in november about 7.6in.
- In december the climate is okay. At lunchtime, it's 79°F in average and you can expect to have 12.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Antananarivo
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Antananarivo: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Antananarivo
Find out when Antananarivo has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Antananarivo
- Very low season in Antananarivo
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Antananarivo
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May and June.
- High season in Antananarivo
The number of visitors to Antananarivo is high in: July, September, November and December.
- Peak season in Antananarivo
The largest number of tourists visiting Antananarivo is during: August and October.
Figure: Visitor index for Antananarivo month by month
Best time for low prices in Antananarivo
Average prices of hotels in Antananarivo month by month
Generally, February is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Antananarivo. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, September is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Antananarivo
A return flight between London and Antananarivo is generally cheaper if you go in january ($ 844 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 725 more for your airline ticket to Antananarivo if you go in august.