Best time to go to Vanuatu for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the very best time to visit Vanuatu from seasonal averages in many locations like Port-Vila or Lenakel, below.
When is the best time to go to Vanuatu?
When is the best time to go to Vanuatu? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Vanuatu, the weather is good across more than 64% of the territory for: May, June, July, August, September and November
- The best months to go to Port-Vila are May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Port-Vila are January, February, March, April, May, October, November and December
- The rainiest months in this city are March and April
- The cities with the best climate are Port-Vila and Lenakel, with good weather at least 8 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Lenakel are January, February, March, April, May and December
Annual weather in Vanuatu
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Vanuatu for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||81°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
|February||81°F to 86°F||tolerable weather*|
|March||81°F to 86°F||tolerable weather*|
|April||81°F to 85°F||tolerable weather|
|May||79°F to 85°F||good weather*|
|June||77°F to 83°F||good weather*|
|July||76°F to 83°F||good weather*|
|August||76°F to 81°F||good weather*|
|September||76°F to 83°F||good weather*|
|October||77°F to 83°F||tolerable weather*|
|November||79°F to 85°F||good weather*|
|December||81°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
Best time to travel to Vanuatu by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Vanuatu
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Vanuatu and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Port-Vila, Lenakel, Luganville, Norsup and Sola, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Vanuatu
Find out when Vanuatu has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Vanuatu
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May and November. The number of visitors to Vanuatu is high in: June, July, August, September, October and December.
- Very low season in Vanuatu: February, March and May.
- Low season in Vanuatu: January, April and November.
- High season in Vanuatu: June, August, September and October.
- Peek season in Vanuatu: July and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Vanuatu month by month
Average price for flights to Vanuatu
A return flight between Sydney and Port-Vila is generally cheaper if you go in february ($ 498 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 234 more for your airline ticket to Port-Vila if you go in april.
Where to go in Vanuatu?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
What can I do in Vanuatu?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping