Best time to go to Cook islands for a perfect weather and where to go?
Get the perfect time to go to Cook islands from seasonal averages in many locations like Rarotonga island or Manihiki island, below.
When is the best time to go to Cook islands?
When is the best time to go to Cook islands? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Cook islands, the weather is good everywhere in July, August and September
- The best months to go to Avarua are April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months in Avarua are January, February, March, April, May, November and December
- The rainiest months in this city are January, February, March and December
- The cities with the best climate are Palmerston island, Aitutaki island and Penrhyn island, with good weather at least 9 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Avarua are January, February, March, April, November and December
Annual weather in Cook islands
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Cook islands for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||81°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
|February||81°F to 85°F||tolerable weather|
|March||81°F to 85°F||tolerable weather|
|April||79°F to 86°F||good weather*|
|May||77°F to 86°F||good weather*|
|June||76°F to 85°F||good weather*|
|July||74°F to 85°F||good weather|
|August||74°F to 83°F||good weather|
|September||74°F to 85°F||good weather|
|October||76°F to 85°F||good weather*|
|November||77°F to 85°F||good weather*|
|December||79°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
Best time to travel to Cook islands by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Cook islands
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Cook islands and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Avarua, Palmerston island, Rarotonga island, Rakahanga island and Aitutaki island, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Cook islands
Find out when Cook islands has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Cook islands
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, May, June and November. The number of visitors to Cook islands is high in: April, July, August, September, October and December.
- Very low season in Cook islands: February and March.
- Low season in Cook islands: January, May, June and November.
- High season in Cook islands: April and October.
- Peek season in Cook islands: July, August, September and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Cook islands month by month
Average price for flights to Cook islands
A return flight between Auckland and Rarotonga island is generally cheaper if you go in june ($ 493 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 341 more for your airline ticket to Rarotonga island if you go in december.
Where to go in Cook islands?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
very bad weather
About Cook islands
What can I do in Cook islands?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping