Best time to go to French Polynesia for a perfect weather and where to go?
Find the best time to go to French Polynesia from seasonal norms in many locations like Moorea or Bora-Bora, on this page.
When is the best time to go to French Polynesia?
When is the best time to go to French Polynesia? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In French Polynesia, the weather is good everywhere in May, June, July, August, September and October
- The best months to go to Tahiti are May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, it is hot all year round in Tahiti
- The rainiest months in this city are January, February, March and December
- The cities with the best climate are Hiva Oa (Marquesas Islands), Rikitea, Fatu Hiva, Nuku Hiva, Ua Huka and Ua Pou, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round in Tahiti
Annual weather in French Polynesia
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in French Polynesia for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
|February||79°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
|March||79°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
|April||77°F to 85°F||good weather*|
|May||76°F to 85°F||good weather|
|June||74°F to 83°F||good weather|
|July||72°F to 83°F||good weather|
|August||72°F to 81°F||good weather|
|September||72°F to 81°F||good weather|
|October||72°F to 81°F||good weather|
|November||76°F to 83°F||good weather*|
|December||77°F to 85°F||tolerable weather*|
Best time to travel to French Polynesia by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in French Polynesia
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of French Polynesia and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Tahiti, Bora-Bora, Hiva Oa (Marquesas Islands), Moorea and Rangiroa, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in French Polynesia
Find out when French Polynesia has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in French Polynesia
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, October, November and December. The number of visitors to French Polynesia is high in: August and September.
- Very low season in French Polynesia: January, February, March, April, May, June, July, October, November and December.
- Peek season in French Polynesia: August and September.
Figure: Visitor index for French Polynesia month by month
Average price for flights to French Polynesia
A return flight between Los Angeles and Tahiti is generally cheaper if you go in february ($ 1002 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 351 more for your airline ticket to Tahiti if you go in august.
Where to go in French Polynesia?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Hiva Oa (Marquesas Islands)||83°F||83°F||83°F||85°F||83°F||83°F||81°F||81°F||81°F||81°F||81°F||83°F|
very bad weather
About French Polynesia
What can I do in French Polynesia?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping