Best time to go to Tucson Average weather of Tucson, United States
Get the best time to visit Tucson in United States from seasonal norms below.
When is the best time to go to Tucson?
When is the best time to go to Tucson? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Tucson are March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October and November
- On average, the warmest months are June, July, August and September
- Tucson has dry periods in April, May and June
- The coldest months are January and December
- July is the rainiest month
Annual weather in Tucson
For full information about the climate and weather in Tucson a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||45°F/65°F||tolerable weather||Tucson in january|
|February||47°F/67°F||tolerable weather||Tucson in february|
|March||52°F/74°F||good weather||Tucson in march|
|April||56°F/81°F||good weather||Tucson in april|
|May||61°F/88°F||perfect weather||Tucson in may|
|June||72°F/99°F||good weather||Tucson in june|
|July||77°F/97°F||good weather||Tucson in july|
|August||77°F/97°F||good weather||Tucson in august|
|September||72°F/94°F||perfect weather||Tucson in september|
|October||61°F/85°F||perfect weather||Tucson in october|
|November||52°F/76°F||good weather||Tucson in november|
|December||45°F/65°F||tolerable weather||Tucson in december|
Weather and climate in Tucson
- Between the months of january and april the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 79°F.
- In the month of may the climate is perfect. It is for example 88°F as maximum temperature in may and, in may, 0 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 108°F and you can expect to have 3.1in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From september to october the climate is perfect. At lunchtime, it's 81°F in average and you can expect to have 0.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is favorable. At lunchtime, it's 59°F in average and you can expect to have 1.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Tucson
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Tucson: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Tucson
Find out when Tucson has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Tucson
- Very low season in Tucson
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, June, September and November.
- Low season in Tucson
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, July and August.
- High season in Tucson
The number of visitors to Tucson is high in: May, October and December.
- Peak season in Tucson
The largest number of tourists visiting Tucson is during: February and March.
Figure: Visitor index for Tucson month by month
Best time for low prices in Tucson
Average prices of hotels in Tucson month by month
Generally, July is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Tucson. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Tucson
On average, it costs $ 38 per day to hire a car in Tucson. This price varies by $ 4.8 depending on the month. In january, hiring a car costs an average of $ 35 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 40.