Best time to go to Napa Valley Average weather of Napa Valley, California
Get the best time to visit Napa Valley in United States from average climate conditions here.
When is the best time to go to Napa Valley?
When is the best time to go to Napa Valley? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Napa Valley are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- On average, the warmest months are June, July, August and September
- Napa Valley has dry periods in June, July, August and September
- The coldest months are January, February and December
- The rainiest months are January, February and March
Annual weather in Napa Valley
For full information about the climate and weather in Napa Valley a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||41°F/56°F||very bad weather||Napa Valley in january|
|February||41°F/59°F||very bad weather||Napa Valley in february|
|March||45°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Napa Valley in march|
|April||50°F/70°F||good weather||Napa Valley in april|
|May||56°F/77°F||good weather||Napa Valley in may|
|June||65°F/85°F||perfect weather||Napa Valley in june|
|July||65°F/90°F||perfect weather||Napa Valley in july|
|August||63°F/90°F||perfect weather||Napa Valley in august|
|September||61°F/88°F||perfect weather||Napa Valley in september|
|October||54°F/77°F||good weather||Napa Valley in october|
|November||47°F/63°F||tolerable weather||Napa Valley in november|
|December||41°F/54°F||very bad weather||Napa Valley in december|
Weather and climate in Napa Valley
- From january to february the climate is just OK. In average, on the morning it is 41°F and it rains about 6.5in each month.
- From march to april the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 70°F°C and you can expect to have 2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between may and october the climate is very good. The record temperature this month is 103°F and you can expect to have 2.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In november the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 47°F and, in november, 3 days of rain are expected.
- In december the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 47°F and it rains in december about 4.8in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Napa Valley
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Napa Valley: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Napa Valley
Find out when Napa Valley has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Napa Valley
- Very low season in Napa Valley
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January and February.
- Low season in Napa Valley
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, April and December.
- High season in Napa Valley
The number of visitors to Napa Valley is high in: May, October and November.
- Peek season in Napa Valley
The largest number of tourists visiting Napa Valley is during: June, July, August and September.
Figure: Visitor index for Napa Valley month by month
Best time for low prices in Napa Valley
Average prices of hotels in Napa Valley month by month
Generally, February is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Napa Valley. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, October is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.