Best time to go to Lake Tahoe Average weather of Lake Tahoe, California
Discover the very best time to visit Lake Tahoe in United States from average climate conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Lake Tahoe?
When is the best time to go to Lake Tahoe? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Lake Tahoe are June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- Lake Tahoe has dry periods in June, July, August and September
- December is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are January, February, March and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Lake Tahoe a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Lake Tahoe in january|
|very bad weather||Lake Tahoe in february|
|very bad weather||Lake Tahoe in march|
|bad weather||Lake Tahoe in april|
|tolerable weather||Lake Tahoe in may|
|good weather||Lake Tahoe in june|
|perfect weather||Lake Tahoe in july|
|perfect weather||Lake Tahoe in august|
|good weather||Lake Tahoe in september|
|tolerable weather||Lake Tahoe in october|
|very bad weather||Lake Tahoe in november|
|very bad weather||Lake Tahoe in december|
Weather and climate in Lake Tahoe
- From january to april the climate is the worst possible. The record temperature this month is 72°F and you can expect to have 1.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of may the climate is okay. It is for example 58°F as maximum temperature in may and it rains about 0.9in each month.
- In june the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 68°F°C and it rains about 3% of the time in june.
- Between july and august the climate is very good. It is for example 77°F as maximum temperature in august and you can expect to have 0.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In september the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 70°F°C and it rains about 1% of the time in september.
- In the month of october the climate is okay. It is for example 59°F as maximum temperature in october and it rains about 6% of the time in october.
- From november to december the climate is very bad. The temperature rises to 38°F and it rains about 3in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Lake Tahoe
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Lake Tahoe: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of California
Lake Tahoe appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in California appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.