Best time to go to Macao Average weather of Macao, China
Find the very best time to visit Macao in China from seasonal averages, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Macao?
When is the best time to go to Macao? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Macao are January, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are May, June, July, August, September and October
- The rainiest months are June, July and August
- The best months for swimming are May, June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Macao
For full information about the climate and weather in Macao a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||61°F/67°F||good weather||Macao in january|
|February||65°F/70°F||tolerable weather||Macao in february|
|March||68°F/74°F||tolerable weather||Macao in march|
|April||74°F/77°F||tolerable weather||Macao in april|
|May||81°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Macao in may|
|June||85°F/88°F||very bad weather||Macao in june|
|July||85°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Macao in july|
|August||85°F/88°F||very bad weather||Macao in august|
|September||83°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Macao in september|
|October||77°F/83°F||good weather||Macao in october|
|November||72°F/77°F||good weather||Macao in november|
|December||63°F/68°F||good weather||Macao in december|
Weather and climate in Macao
- In the month of january the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 61°F and, in january, 4 days of rain are expected.
- Between february and march the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 83°F and it rains about 4.1in each month.
- In april the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 76°F and it rains in april about 8in.
- Between may and august the climate is just OK. It is for example 88°F as maximum temperature in august and it rains about 21.1in each month.
- In september the climate is not good. By early evening, the temperature averages 85°F and, in september, 15 days of rain are expected.
- From october to december the climate is favorable. It is for example 68°F as maximum temperature in december and it rains in december about 2.1in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Macao
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Macao: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Macao
Find out when Macao has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Macao
- Very low season in Macao
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: March and June.
- Low season in Macao
The months with low numbers of tourists are: February, April, May, August and September.
- High season in Macao
The number of visitors to Macao is high in: January, July and November.
- Peak season in Macao
The largest number of tourists visiting Macao is during: October and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Macao month by month
Best time for low prices in Macao
Average prices of hotels in Macao month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Macao. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Find the best price for your hotel room
Average price for flights to Macao
A return flight between London and Macao is generally cheaper if you go in november ($ 1053 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 743 more for your airline ticket to Macao if you go in august.