Best time to go to Shenzhen Average weather of Shenzhen, China
Get the perfect time to visit Shenzhen in China from seasonal norms, here.
When is the best time to go to Shenzhen?
When is the best time to go to Shenzhen? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Shenzhen are January, February, May, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are May, June, July, August, September and October
- The rainiest months are June, July and August
- The best months for swimming are May, June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Shenzhen
For full information about the climate and weather in Shenzhen a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||59°F/68°F||good weather||Shenzhen in january|
|February||63°F/72°F||good weather||Shenzhen in february|
|March||68°F/76°F||tolerable weather||Shenzhen in march|
|April||74°F/81°F||tolerable weather||Shenzhen in april|
|May||81°F/86°F||good weather||Shenzhen in may|
|June||85°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Shenzhen in june|
|July||85°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Shenzhen in july|
|August||85°F/92°F||tolerable weather||Shenzhen in august|
|September||83°F/90°F||good weather||Shenzhen in september|
|October||77°F/85°F||good weather||Shenzhen in october|
|November||70°F/79°F||good weather||Shenzhen in november|
|December||61°F/70°F||good weather||Shenzhen in december|
Weather and climate in Shenzhen
- In the month of january the climate is favorable. the thermometer goes up to 68°F°C.
- Between february and may the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 97°F and it rains about 35% of the time in may.
- Between the months of june and august the climate is not good. The temperature rises to 92°F.
- In the month of september the climate is just OK. The temperature rises to 90°F.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is beautiful. The record temperature this month is 86°F and it rains about 1in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Shenzhen
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Shenzhen: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Shenzhen
Find out when Shenzhen has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Shenzhen
- Very low season in Shenzhen
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, May, June and July.
- Low season in Shenzhen
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April and September.
- High season in Shenzhen
The number of visitors to Shenzhen is high in: August, October and November.
- Peek season in Shenzhen
The largest number of tourists visiting Shenzhen is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Shenzhen month by month
Best time for low prices in Shenzhen
Average prices of hotels in Shenzhen month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Shenzhen. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.