Best time to go to Xiamen Average weather of Xiamen, China
Discover the very best time to visit Xiamen in China from seasonal norms, here.
When is the best time to go to Xiamen?
When is the best time to go to Xiamen? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Xiamen are January, February, March, April, July, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are June, July, August and September
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are June and August
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August and September
Annual weather in Xiamen
For full information about the climate and weather in Xiamen a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||56°F/65°F||good weather||Xiamen in january|
|February||59°F/67°F||good weather||Xiamen in february|
|March||63°F/70°F||good weather||Xiamen in march|
|April||70°F/77°F||good weather||Xiamen in april|
|May||77°F/83°F||tolerable weather||Xiamen in may|
|June||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Xiamen in june|
|July||85°F/90°F||good weather||Xiamen in july|
|August||85°F/90°F||tolerable weather||Xiamen in august|
|September||81°F/88°F||good weather||Xiamen in september|
|October||74°F/83°F||good weather||Xiamen in october|
|November||68°F/76°F||good weather||Xiamen in november|
|December||59°F/68°F||good weather||Xiamen in december|
Weather and climate in Xiamen
- Between january and april the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 77°F in average and, in april, 7 days of rain are expected.
- From may to june the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 95°F and it rains about 45% of the time in june.
- Between july and august the climate is unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 90°F°C and you can expect to have 12.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In september the climate is passable, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 88°F in average and you can expect to have 8.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In october the climate is very good. In average, on the morning it is 76°F and, in october, 3 days of rain are expected.
- Between november and december the climate is good. At lunchtime, it's 67°F in average and you can expect to have 2.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Xiamen
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Xiamen: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Xiamen
Find out when Xiamen has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Xiamen
- Very low season in Xiamen
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May.
- Low season in Xiamen
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, March, April, June and November.
- High season in Xiamen
The number of visitors to Xiamen is high in: February.
- Peak season in Xiamen
The largest number of tourists visiting Xiamen is during: July, August, September, October and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Xiamen month by month
Best time for low prices in Xiamen
Average prices of hotels in Xiamen month by month
Generally, December is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Xiamen. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.