Best time to go to Chennai Average weather of Chennai, India
Find the perfect time to go to Chennai in India from average weather conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Chennai?
When is the best time to go to Chennai? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Chennai are January, February, March and December
- On average, the warmest months are April, May, June, July, August, September and October
- February is the driest month
- November is the rainiest month
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Chennai a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|perfect weather||Chennai in january|
|perfect weather||Chennai in february|
|good weather||Chennai in march|
|bad weather||Chennai in april|
|bad weather||Chennai in may|
|bad weather||Chennai in june|
|bad weather||Chennai in july|
|bad weather||Chennai in august|
|bad weather||Chennai in september|
|tolerable weather||Chennai in october|
|tolerable weather||Chennai in november|
|good weather||Chennai in december|
Weather and climate in Chennai
- Between january and february the climate is very good. In average, on the morning it is 24°C and it rains in february about 9mm.
- In march the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 34°C and it rains about 3% of the time in march.
- In april the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 39°C and it rains about 15mm each month.
- In may the climate is the worst possible. In average, on the morning it is 30°C and you can expect to have 51mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between june and september the climate is not good. The temperature rises to 35°C and it rains about 80% of the time in september.
- From october to november the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 30°C and it rains about 388mm each month.
- In december the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 25°C and it rains about 181mm each month.
Tours and organised trips in India
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Chennai
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Chennai: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of India
Chennai appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in India appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
Key cities in India
© 2014-2019 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved