Best time to go to Chennai Average weather of Chennai, India
Find the perfect time to go to Chennai in India from average weather conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Chennai?
When is the best time to go to Chennai? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Chennai are January, February, March, October and December
- On average, the warmest months are April, May, June, July, August and September
- February is the driest month
- November is the rainiest month
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Chennai a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|perfect weather||Chennai in january|
|perfect weather||Chennai in february|
|good weather||Chennai in march|
|tolerable weather||Chennai in april|
|bad weather||Chennai in may|
|bad weather||Chennai in june|
|tolerable weather||Chennai in july|
|tolerable weather||Chennai in august|
|tolerable weather||Chennai in september|
|good weather||Chennai in october|
|tolerable weather||Chennai in november|
|good weather||Chennai in december|
Weather and climate in Chennai
- Between january and february the climate is very good. In average, on the morning it is 77°F and it rains in february about 0.4in.
- In march the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 92°F and it rains about 3% of the time in march.
- In april the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 101°F and it rains about 0.6in each month.
- In may the climate is the worst possible. In average, on the morning it is 88°F and you can expect to have 1.4in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between june and september the climate is not good. The temperature rises to 94°F and it rains about 76% of the time in september.
- From october to november the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 85°F and it rains about 11.3in each month.
- In december the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 77°F and it rains about 6.1in each month.
Tours and organised trips in India
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Chennai
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Chennai: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
India: get the best price!
Map of India
Chennai appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in India appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
Key cities in India
© 2014-2020 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved