Best time to go to Chennai Average weather of Chennai, India
Find the perfect time to go to Chennai in India from average weather conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Chennai?
When is the best time to go to Chennai? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Chennai are January, February, March, April, July and December
- On average, the warmest months are April, May, June, July, August and September
- Chennai has dry periods in February, March and April
- November is the rainiest month
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Chennai a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|perfect weather||Chennai in january|
|perfect weather||Chennai in february|
|perfect weather||Chennai in march|
|good weather||Chennai in april|
|tolerable weather||Chennai in may|
|tolerable weather||Chennai in june|
|good weather||Chennai in july|
|tolerable weather||Chennai in august|
|tolerable weather||Chennai in september|
|tolerable weather||Chennai in october|
|tolerable weather||Chennai in november|
|good weather||Chennai in december|
Weather and climate in Chennai
- Between january and february the climate is very good. In average, on the morning it is 79°F and it rains in february about 0.3in.
- In march the climate is favorable. The temperature rises to 88°F and it rains about 3% of the time in march.
- In april the climate is bad. The record temperature this month is 97°F and it rains about 0.4in each month.
- In may the climate is the worst possible. In average, on the morning it is 90°F and you can expect to have 0.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between june and september the climate is not good. The temperature rises to 90°F and it rains about 65% of the time in september.
- From october to november the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 81°F and it rains about 8.4in each month.
- In december the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 79°F and it rains about 3.9in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Chennai
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Chennai: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of India
Chennai appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in India appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.