Best time to go to Mexico City Average weather of Mexico City, Mexico
Discover the very best time to go to Mexico City in Mexico from average weather conditions, on this page.
When is the best time to go to Mexico City?
When is the best time to go to Mexico City? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Mexico City are February, March, April, May, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are March, April, May and June
- December is the driest month
- The coldest months are January, November and December
- The rainiest months are July and August
Annual weather in Mexico City
For full information about the climate and weather in Mexico City a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||49°F/74°F||tolerable weather||Mexico City in january|
|February||52°F/79°F||good weather||Mexico City in february|
|March||56°F/81°F||good weather||Mexico City in march|
|April||59°F/85°F||perfect weather||Mexico City in april|
|May||61°F/85°F||good weather||Mexico City in may|
|June||58°F/79°F||tolerable weather||Mexico City in june|
|July||56°F/76°F||bad weather||Mexico City in july|
|August||54°F/76°F||bad weather||Mexico City in august|
|September||54°F/74°F||tolerable weather||Mexico City in september|
|October||52°F/76°F||good weather||Mexico City in october|
|November||50°F/76°F||good weather||Mexico City in november|
|December||50°F/76°F||good weather||Mexico City in december|
Weather and climate in Mexico City
- From january to may the climate is beautiful. In average, on the morning it is 61°F and it rains about 5in each month.
- In june the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 95°F and it rains about 53% of the time in june.
- In july the climate is very bad. In average, on the morning it is 56°F and you can expect to have 16.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between august and september the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 74°F°C.
- Between the months of october and december the climate is favorable. In average, on the morning it is 50°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Mexico City
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Mexico City: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Mexico City
Find out when Mexico City has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Mexico City
- Very low season in Mexico City
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, March, May, June and August.
- Low season in Mexico City
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, July and September.
- Peek season in Mexico City
The largest number of tourists visiting Mexico City is during: October, November and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Mexico City month by month
Best time for low prices in Mexico City
Average prices of hotels in Mexico City month by month
Generally, August is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Mexico City. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, October is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Mexico City
A return flight between London and Mexico City is generally cheaper if you go in may ($ 811 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 284 more for your airline ticket to Mexico City if you go in december.
Average price of hiring a car in Mexico City
On average, it costs $ 16 per day to hire a car in Mexico City. This price varies by $ 9.6 depending on the month. In march, hiring a car costs an average of $ 12 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in august is $ 22.