Best time to go to Oaxaca Average weather of Oaxaca, Mexico
Find the best time to go to Oaxaca in Mexico from seasonal averages below.
When is the best time to go to Oaxaca?
When is the best time to go to Oaxaca? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Oaxaca are January, February, March, April, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are February, March, April and May
- The coldest months are January, February, March and December
- The rainiest months are June, July, August and September
Annual weather in Oaxaca
For full information about the climate and weather in Oaxaca a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||50°F/72°F||good weather||Oaxaca in january|
|February||50°F/76°F||good weather||Oaxaca in february|
|March||52°F/77°F||good weather||Oaxaca in march|
|April||54°F/81°F||good weather||Oaxaca in april|
|May||58°F/79°F||tolerable weather||Oaxaca in may|
|June||59°F/74°F||very bad weather||Oaxaca in june|
|July||58°F/74°F||bad weather||Oaxaca in july|
|August||59°F/74°F||bad weather||Oaxaca in august|
|September||59°F/74°F||bad weather||Oaxaca in september|
|October||58°F/74°F||good weather||Oaxaca in october|
|November||54°F/72°F||good weather||Oaxaca in november|
|December||52°F/74°F||good weather||Oaxaca in december|
Weather and climate in Oaxaca
- Between the months of january and may the climate is good. By early evening, the temperature averages 70°F and you can expect to have 9.5in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between june and july the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 85°F.
- Between august and september the climate is the worst possible. By early evening, the temperature averages 67°F and you can expect to have 18.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between october and december the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 52°F and it rains about 0.7in each month.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Oaxaca
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Oaxaca: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Oaxaca
Find out when Oaxaca has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Oaxaca
- Very low season in Oaxaca
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: June and September.
- Low season in Oaxaca
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, August and October.
- High season in Oaxaca
The number of visitors to Oaxaca is high in: July and November.
- Peek season in Oaxaca
The largest number of tourists visiting Oaxaca is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Oaxaca month by month
Best time for low prices in Oaxaca
Average prices of hotels in Oaxaca month by month
Generally, May is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Oaxaca. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, December is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Oaxaca
On average, it costs $ 21 per day to hire a car in Oaxaca. This price varies by $ 16 depending on the month. In february, hiring a car costs an average of $ 12 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in october is $ 28.