Best time to go to Tanzania for a perfect weather and where to go?
Discover the very best time to go to Tanzania from average weather conditions in many locations like Kilimandjaro or Dodoma, here.
When is the best time to go to Tanzania?
When is the best time to go to Tanzania? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- In Tanzania, the weather is good everywhere in June, July, August, September and October
- The best months to go to Dodoma are February, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months in Dodoma are September, October, November and December
- The rainiest months in this city are January, March and December
- The cities with the best climate are Kilimandjaro, Arusha, Arusha National Park, Lake Babati, Lake Empakaai, Lake Manyara National Park, Lake Natron, Ngorongoro Conservation Area, Pangani and Tarangire National Park, with good weather at least 11 months a year
- The best months for swimming in Dar Es Salaam are January, February, March, April, May, June, October, November and December
Annual weather in Tanzania
For information about the climate and the weather city by city in Tanzania for a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||61°F to 92°F||good weather*|
|February||59°F to 92°F||good weather*|
|March||59°F to 92°F||tolerable weather*|
|April||59°F to 88°F||very bad weather*|
|May||56°F to 85°F||good weather*|
|June||52°F to 85°F||good weather*|
|July||52°F to 86°F||good weather*|
|August||54°F to 90°F||good weather*|
|September||56°F to 94°F||good weather*|
|October||59°F to 92°F||good weather*|
|November||61°F to 92°F||good weather*|
|December||61°F to 92°F||tolerable weather*|
Best time to travel to Tanzania by cities
Temperatures and rainfall in Tanzania
On these 3 graphs, we present the evolution of temperatures of Tanzania and month-by-month rainfall for the cities of Dodoma, Dar Es Salaam, Kilimandjaro, Zanzibar and Arusha, as well as the month-by-month sea temperature for coastal cities.
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Tanzania
Find out when Tanzania has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Tanzania
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, March, April, May, June and November. The number of visitors to Tanzania is high in: July, August, September, October and December.
- Very low season in Tanzania: March, April and May.
- Low season in Tanzania: January, February, June and November.
- High season in Tanzania: September and October.
- Peek season in Tanzania: July, August and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Tanzania month by month
Average price for flights to Tanzania
A return flight between London and Zanzibar is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 642 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 308 more for your airline ticket to Zanzibar if you go in august.
Where to go in Tanzania?
This table allows you to see the maximum temperature for each city and our opinion on the weather month by month (see colour legend below the table).
|Dar Es Salaam||88°F||90°F||90°F||86°F||85°F||85°F||83°F||85°F||86°F||88°F||90°F||90°F|
|Serengeti National Park||83°F||85°F||85°F||81°F||81°F||83°F||86°F||88°F||88°F||88°F||85°F||81°F|
|Arusha National Park||83°F||85°F||85°F||79°F||76°F||76°F||76°F||79°F||83°F||83°F||83°F||83°F|
|Gombe National Park||77°F||79°F||79°F||77°F||77°F||77°F||77°F||79°F||81°F||81°F||79°F||77°F|
|Katavi National Park||72°F||74°F||74°F||74°F||76°F||76°F||77°F||81°F||85°F||85°F||81°F||74°F|
|Lake Manyara National Park||83°F||85°F||85°F||79°F||76°F||76°F||76°F||79°F||83°F||83°F||83°F||83°F|
very bad weather
What can I do in Tanzania?
Beaches / swimming
Nature and countryside
Culture and heritage
Crafts / shopping