Best time to go to Maun Average weather of Maun, Botswana
Discover the perfect time to go to Maun in Botswana from average weather conditions here.
When is the best time to go to Maun?
When is the best time to go to Maun? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Maun
- On average, the warmest months are September, October and November
- Maun has dry periods in May, July, August and September
- The coldest months are June and July
- January is the rainiest month
Annual weather in Maun
For full information about the climate and weather in Maun a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||76°F/90°F||good weather||Maun in january|
|February||74°F/90°F||good weather||Maun in february|
|March||72°F/90°F||good weather||Maun in march|
|April||68°F/88°F||perfect weather||Maun in april|
|May||63°F/85°F||perfect weather||Maun in may|
|June||56°F/79°F||good weather||Maun in june|
|July||54°F/79°F||good weather||Maun in july|
|August||59°F/86°F||perfect weather||Maun in august|
|September||70°F/95°F||perfect weather||Maun in september|
|October||77°F/101°F||good weather||Maun in october|
|November||81°F/97°F||perfect weather||Maun in november|
|December||79°F/92°F||good weather||Maun in december|
Weather and climate in Maun
- Between january and march the climate is beautiful. By early evening, the temperature averages 79°F.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is very good. the thermometer goes up to 85°F°C and it rains about 0% of the time in may.
- Between june and july the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 54°F and you can expect to have 0in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From august to september the climate is very good. the thermometer goes up to 95°F°C and it rains in september about 0.1in.
- Between the months of october and november the climate is favorable. The record temperature this month is 113°F and it rains about 2.5in each month.
- In december the climate is passable, but still OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 85°F and it rains about 28% of the time in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Maun
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Maun: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Maun
Find out when Maun has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Maun
- Very low season in Maun
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February and March.
- Low season in Maun
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April, May and June.
- High season in Maun
The number of visitors to Maun is high in: November and December.
- Peek season in Maun
The largest number of tourists visiting Maun is during: July, August, September and October.
Figure: Visitor index for Maun month by month
Best time for low prices in Maun
Average prices of hotels in Maun month by month
Generally, February is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Maun. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, July is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price for flights to Maun
A return flight between London and Maun is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 1203 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 352 more for your airline ticket to Maun if you go in july.