When is the best time to go to Halong Bay?
When is the best time to go to Halong Bay? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Halong Bay are May, October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are May, June, July, August, September and October
- The rainiest months are July and August
- The best months for swimming are May, June, July, August, September and October
For full information about the climate and weather in Halong Bay a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||15°C/21°C||68mm||tolerable weather||Halong Bay in january|
|February||17°C/23°C||30mm||tolerable weather||Halong Bay in february|
|March||20°C/25°C||62mm||tolerable weather||Halong Bay in march|
|April||23°C/29°C||86mm||tolerable weather||Halong Bay in april|
|May||27°C/32°C||249mm||good weather||Halong Bay in may|
|June||28°C/33°C||372mm||tolerable weather||Halong Bay in june|
|July||28°C/33°C||488mm||tolerable weather||Halong Bay in july|
|August||28°C/34°C||445mm||bad weather||Halong Bay in august|
|September||27°C/33°C||261mm||tolerable weather||Halong Bay in september|
|October||24°C/31°C||155mm||good weather||Halong Bay in october|
|November||21°C/27°C||57mm||good weather||Halong Bay in november|
|December||17°C/23°C||43mm||good weather||Halong Bay in december|
Weather and climate in Halong Bay
- Between january and march the climate is okay. The record temperature this month is 34°C and it rains about 44% of the time in march.
- In april the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 23°C and it rains in april about 86mm.
- In the month of may the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 32°C°C and it rains in may about 249mm.
- In the month of june the climate is not good. The record temperature this month is 37°C and it rains about 372mm each month.
- In the month of july the climate is very bad. the thermometer goes up to 33°C°C.
- In the month of august the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 33°C in average and you can expect to have 445mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of september the climate is just OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 29°C and it rains in september about 261mm.
- From october to december the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 23°C°C and it rains in december about 43mm.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Halong Bay
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Halong Bay: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Vietnam
Halong Bay appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Vietnam appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.