Best time to go to Halong Bay Average weather of Halong Bay, Vietnam
Get the very best time to visit Halong Bay in Vietnam from average weather conditions on this page.
When is the best time to go to Halong Bay?
When is the best time to go to Halong Bay? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Halong Bay are October, November and December
- On average, the warmest months are May, June, July, August and September
- The rainiest months are June, July and August
- The best months for swimming are May, June, July, August, September and October
Annual weather in Halong Bay
Weather details in Halong Bay month by month
Weather and climate in Halong Bay
- Between january and march the climate is okay. The record temperature this month is 94°F and it rains about 11% of the time in march.
- In april the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 74°F and it rains in april about 4.4in.
- In the month of may the climate is just OK. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C and it rains in may about 12.2in.
- In the month of june the climate is not good. The record temperature this month is 99°F and it rains about 17.9in each month.
- In the month of july the climate is very bad. the thermometer goes up to 90°F°C.
- In the month of august the climate is not good. At lunchtime, it's 88°F in average and you can expect to have 21.8in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of september the climate is just OK. By early evening, the temperature averages 81°F and it rains in september about 11.7in.
- From october to december the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 70°F°C and it rains in december about 1.8in.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Halong Bay
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Halong Bay: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Halong Bay
Find out when Halong Bay has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Halong Bay
- Very low season in Halong Bay
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: March and June.
- Low season in Halong Bay
The months with low numbers of tourists are: January, February, April, May, August and September.
- High season in Halong Bay
The number of visitors to Halong Bay is high in: July.
- Peak season in Halong Bay
The largest number of tourists visiting Halong Bay is during: October, November and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Halong Bay month by month
Best time for low prices in Halong Bay
Average prices of hotels in Halong Bay month by month
Generally, November is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Halong Bay. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, April is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Average price of hiring a car in Halong Bay
On average, it costs $ 19 per day to hire a car in Halong Bay. This price varies by $ 4.3 depending on the month. In june, hiring a car costs an average of $ 17 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in february is $ 21.