Best time to go to Koh Lanta Average weather of Koh Lanta, Thailand
Find the perfect time to visit Koh Lanta in Thailand from average climate conditions here.
When is the best time to go to Koh Lanta?
When is the best time to go to Koh Lanta? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Koh Lanta are January, February and March
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are June, July, August, September and October
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
Annual weather in Koh Lanta
For full information about the climate and weather in Koh Lanta a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||79°F/86°F||good weather||Koh Lanta in january|
|February||79°F/86°F||perfect weather||Koh Lanta in february|
|March||81°F/86°F||good weather||Koh Lanta in march|
|April||83°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in april|
|May||85°F/88°F||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in may|
|June||85°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in june|
|July||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in july|
|August||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in august|
|September||83°F/85°F||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in september|
|October||83°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in october|
|November||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in november|
|December||81°F/86°F||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in december|
Weather and climate in Koh Lanta
- In the month of january the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C and you can expect to have 6.2in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of february and april the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 88°F°C and you can expect to have 11in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From may to july the climate is bad. It is for example 86°F as maximum temperature in july and you can expect to have 17.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of august the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 86°F°C and it rains in august about 17.6in.
- Between the months of september and october the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 85°F in average.
- Between november and december the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 88°F and, in december, 13 days of rain are expected.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Koh Lanta
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Koh Lanta: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Koh Lanta
Find out when Koh Lanta has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Koh Lanta
- Very low season in Koh Lanta
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: May, June, July, August and September.
- Low season in Koh Lanta
The months with low numbers of tourists are: April and October.
- High season in Koh Lanta
The number of visitors to Koh Lanta is high in: January, February, March and November.
- Peek season in Koh Lanta
The largest number of tourists visiting Koh Lanta is during: December.
Figure: Visitor index for Koh Lanta month by month
Best time for low prices in Koh Lanta
Average prices of hotels in Koh Lanta month by month
Generally, September is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Koh Lanta. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, January is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.