When is the best time to go to Koh Lanta?
When is the best time to go to Koh Lanta? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best month for good weather in Koh Lanta is January
- On average, it is hot all year round
- The rainiest months are July, August and September
- The sea temperature is suitable for swimming all year round
For full information about the climate and weather in Koh Lanta a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||27°C/32°C||147mm||good weather||Koh Lanta in january|
|February||27°C/33°C||64mm||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in february|
|March||28°C/33°C||158mm||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in march|
|April||29°C/33°C||218mm||bad weather||Koh Lanta in april|
|May||30°C/33°C||259mm||bad weather||Koh Lanta in may|
|June||30°C/33°C||361mm||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in june|
|July||29°C/33°C||419mm||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in july|
|August||29°C/32°C||418mm||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in august|
|September||29°C/32°C||480mm||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in september|
|October||29°C/32°C||377mm||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in october|
|November||29°C/33°C||317mm||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in november|
|December||28°C/32°C||206mm||tolerable weather||Koh Lanta in december|
Weather and climate in Koh Lanta
- In the month of january the climate is good. the thermometer goes up to 32°C°C and you can expect to have 147mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between the months of february and april the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 33°C°C and you can expect to have 218mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- From may to july the climate is bad. It is for example 33°C as maximum temperature in july and you can expect to have 419mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of august the climate is correct. the thermometer goes up to 32°C°C and it rains in august about 418mm.
- Between the months of september and october the climate is bad. At lunchtime, it's 32°C in average.
- Between november and december the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 36°C and, in december, 17 days of rain are expected.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Koh Lanta
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Koh Lanta: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Thailand
Koh Lanta appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Thailand appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.