Best time to go to Houston Average weather of Houston, United States
Discover the perfect time to go to Houston in United States from average weather conditions, here.
When is the best time to go to Houston?
When is the best time to go to Houston? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The weather is good all year round in Houston
- On average, the warmest months are June, July, August and September
- January is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are August and September
- The best months for swimming are June, July, August and September
Annual weather in Houston
For full information about the climate and weather in Houston a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||50°F/63°F||good weather||Houston in january|
|February||54°F/67°F||good weather||Houston in february|
|March||59°F/74°F||good weather||Houston in march|
|April||65°F/79°F||good weather||Houston in april|
|May||72°F/86°F||good weather||Houston in may|
|June||77°F/92°F||good weather||Houston in june|
|July||79°F/94°F||good weather||Houston in july|
|August||79°F/95°F||good weather||Houston in august|
|September||76°F/90°F||good weather||Houston in september|
|October||68°F/85°F||good weather||Houston in october|
|November||59°F/74°F||good weather||Houston in november|
|December||54°F/65°F||good weather||Houston in december|
Weather and climate in Houston
- In january the climate is correct. The record temperature this month is 79°F and, in january, 5 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of february and june the climate is good. In average, on the morning it is 77°F and it rains about 34% of the time in june.
- From july to august the climate is correct. By early evening, the temperature averages 90°F and you can expect to have 8.9in of rainfall/month during this period.
- Between september and december the climate is favorable. It is for example 65°F as maximum temperature in december.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Houston
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Houston: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, sea temperature, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Peak visitor numbers and tourist seasons in Houston
Find out when Houston has its high tourist season (the period when the influx of tourists is highest) and off-peak tourist season using our data and figures.
Tourist seasons in Houston
- Very low season in Houston
The months with the lowest number of tourists are: January, February, April, June and September.
- Low season in Houston
The months with low numbers of tourists are: March, August and November.
- High season in Houston
The number of visitors to Houston is high in: May and July.
- Peak season in Houston
The largest number of tourists visiting Houston is during: October and December.
Figure: Visitor index for Houston month by month
Best time for low prices in Houston
Average prices of hotels in Houston month by month
Generally, August is the month with the lowest hotel prices in Houston. So this is a great time to save on your holiday! In contrast, February is statistically the most expensive month of the year for hotels.
Find the best price for your hotel room
Average price for flights to Houston
A return flight between London and Houston is generally cheaper if you go in march ($ 806 on average): this is the best time for travellers on a tight budget. In contrast, you may end up paying $ 444 more for your airline ticket to Houston if you go in august.
Find the best price for your flight
Average price of hiring a car in Houston
On average, it costs $ 36 per day to hire a car in Houston. This price varies by $ 14 depending on the month. In february, hiring a car costs an average of $ 26 per 24 hours, so this is the best time to save money! In contrast, the average price in july is $ 39.