When is the best time to go to Zurich?
When is the best time to go to Zurich? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Zurich are May, June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- February is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, June, July and December
For full information about the climate and weather in Zurich a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-0°C/4°C||83mm||very bad weather||Zurich in january|
|February||-1°C/5°C||81mm||very bad weather||Zurich in february|
|March||1°C/11°C||74mm||very bad weather||Zurich in march|
|April||7°C/17°C||62mm||tolerable weather||Zurich in april|
|May||10°C/20°C||140mm||good weather||Zurich in may|
|June||13°C/23°C||132mm||good weather||Zurich in june|
|July||15°C/25°C||157mm||good weather||Zurich in july|
|August||15°C/25°C||100mm||good weather||Zurich in august|
|September||11°C/22°C||74mm||good weather||Zurich in september|
|October||7°C/17°C||76mm||tolerable weather||Zurich in october|
|November||6°C/11°C||85mm||bad weather||Zurich in november|
|December||1°C/5°C||161mm||very bad weather||Zurich in december|
Weather and climate in Zurich
- Between january and march the climate is the worst possible. The temperature rises to 11°C and you can expect to have 74mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of april the climate is okay. At lunchtime, it's 17°C in average and you can expect to have 62mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- From may to september the climate is beautiful. the thermometer goes up to 22°C°C and you can expect to have 74mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In october the climate is just OK. At lunchtime, it's 16°C in average and you can expect to have 76mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- In the month of november the climate is unfavorable. It is for example 11°C as maximum temperature in november and it rains in november about 85mm.
- In december the climate is very bad. the thermometer goes up to 5°C°C and, in december, 19 days of rain are expected.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Zurich
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Zurich: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Switzerland
Zurich appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Switzerland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.