When is the best time to go to Lucerne?
When is the best time to go to Lucerne? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Lucerne are July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- February is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, June and July
For full information about the climate and weather in Lucerne a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-1°C/4°C||136mm||very bad weather||Lucerne in january|
|February||-2°C/5°C||98mm||very bad weather||Lucerne in february|
|March||1°C/10°C||99mm||very bad weather||Lucerne in march|
|April||6°C/16°C||109mm||tolerable weather||Lucerne in april|
|May||9°C/19°C||218mm||tolerable weather||Lucerne in may|
|June||12°C/23°C||204mm||tolerable weather||Lucerne in june|
|July||15°C/26°C||186mm||good weather||Lucerne in july|
|August||15°C/26°C||158mm||good weather||Lucerne in august|
|September||11°C/22°C||102mm||good weather||Lucerne in september|
|October||6°C/17°C||89mm||tolerable weather||Lucerne in october|
|November||5°C/10°C||122mm||very bad weather||Lucerne in november|
|December||-0°C/5°C||132mm||very bad weather||Lucerne in december|
Weather and climate in Lucerne
- Between the months of january and march the climate is the worst possible. The record temperature this month is 22°C and it rains in march about 99mm.
- Between april and may the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 30°C and you can expect to have 218mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- From june to september the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 21°C in average and it rains about 38% of the time in september.
- In the month of october the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 27°C and it rains about 89mm each month.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is the worst possible. The temperature rises to 5°C and, in december, 14 days of rain are expected.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Lucerne
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Lucerne: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Switzerland
Lucerne appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Switzerland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.