When is the best time to go to Lucerne?
When is the best time to go to Lucerne? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months for good weather in Lucerne are June, July, August and September
- On average, the warmest months are June, July and August
- February is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, June and July
For full information about the climate and weather in Lucerne a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-3°C/3°C||111mm||very bad weather||Lucerne in january|
|February||-3°C/4°C||91mm||very bad weather||Lucerne in february|
|March||-2°C/10°C||100mm||very bad weather||Lucerne in march|
|April||4°C/16°C||109mm||tolerable weather||Lucerne in april|
|May||8°C/19°C||242mm||tolerable weather||Lucerne in may|
|June||11°C/23°C||204mm||good weather||Lucerne in june|
|July||13°C/25°C||218mm||good weather||Lucerne in july|
|August||13°C/25°C||166mm||good weather||Lucerne in august|
|September||8°C/21°C||109mm||good weather||Lucerne in september|
|October||5°C/17°C||93mm||tolerable weather||Lucerne in october|
|November||5°C/11°C||104mm||very bad weather||Lucerne in november|
|December||-2°C/3°C||162mm||very bad weather||Lucerne in december|
Weather and climate in Lucerne
- Between the months of january and march the climate is the worst possible. The record temperature this month is 22°C and it rains in march about 100mm.
- Between april and may the climate is passable, but still OK. The record temperature this month is 30°C and you can expect to have 242mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- From june to september the climate is beautiful. At lunchtime, it's 21°C in average and it rains about 40% of the time in september.
- In the month of october the climate is just OK. The record temperature this month is 27°C and it rains about 93mm each month.
- Between the months of november and december the climate is the worst possible. The temperature rises to 3°C and, in december, 17 days of rain are expected.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Lucerne
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Lucerne: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Switzerland
Lucerne appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Switzerland appear on the map with a black icon. Hover for information about the climate.