Best time to go to Chamonix Average weather of Chamonix, Rhône-Alpes
Discover the very best time to visit Chamonix in Rhône-Alpes from average weather conditions, below.
When is the best time to go to Chamonix?
When is the best time to go to Chamonix? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best month for good weather in Chamonix is August
- On average, the warmest months are July and August
- The coldest months are January and February
- The rainiest months are May and June
For full information about the climate and weather in Chamonix a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Chamonix in january|
|very bad weather||Chamonix in february|
|very bad weather||Chamonix in march|
|very bad weather||Chamonix in april|
|very bad weather||Chamonix in may|
|tolerable weather||Chamonix in june|
|tolerable weather||Chamonix in july|
|good weather||Chamonix in august|
|tolerable weather||Chamonix in september|
|very bad weather||Chamonix in october|
|very bad weather||Chamonix in november|
|very bad weather||Chamonix in december|
Weather and climate in Chamonix
- Between january and april the climate is very unfavorable. The temperature rises to 9°C and you can expect to have 175mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- From may to july the climate is just OK. It is for example 20°C as maximum temperature in july and you can expect to have 220mm of rainfall/month during this period.
- From august to september the climate is good. The record temperature this month is 26°C.
- From october to december the climate is very bad. It is for example 1°C as maximum temperature in december.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Chamonix
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Chamonix: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Rhône-Alpes
Chamonix appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Rhône-Alpes appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.
Recommended for you:
Key cities in Rhône-Alpes
© 2014-2019 Des Clics Nomades SAS - All right reserved