When is the best time to go to Zermatt?
When is the best time to go to Zermatt? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Zermatt are June, July and August
- February is the coldest month of the year
- The rainiest months are May, June, July and August
For full information about the climate and weather in Zermatt a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Average temp.||Rainfall||Our opinion||View Details|
|January||-7°C/1°C||137mm||very bad weather||Zermatt in january|
|February||-8°C/1°C||172mm||very bad weather||Zermatt in february|
|March||-8°C/2°C||214mm||very bad weather||Zermatt in march|
|April||-2°C/5°C||346mm||very bad weather||Zermatt in april|
|May||2°C/9°C||479mm||very bad weather||Zermatt in may|
|June||6°C/14°C||437mm||tolerable weather||Zermatt in june|
|July||8°C/17°C||436mm||tolerable weather||Zermatt in july|
|August||7°C/17°C||408mm||tolerable weather||Zermatt in august|
|September||3°C/13°C||251mm||very bad weather||Zermatt in september|
|October||-1°C/7°C||183mm||very bad weather||Zermatt in october|
|November||-1°C/3°C||222mm||very bad weather||Zermatt in november|
|December||-7°C/1°C||187mm||very bad weather||Zermatt in december|
Weather and climate in Zermatt
- Between the months of january and may the climate is very unfavorable. the thermometer goes up to 9°C°C and it rains in may about 479mm.
- Between june and august the climate is unfavorable. The record temperature this month is 24°C and, in august, 26 days of rain are expected.
- Between the months of september and december the climate is the worst possible. The temperature rises to 1°C.
Chart: temperature and rainfall in Zermatt
The chart below allows you to look at the following seasonal norms for the city of Zermatt: minimum and maximum temperatures, and the monthly volume of precipitation for each month of the year.
Map of Switzerland
Zermatt appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Switzerland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.