Best time to go to Stranraer Average weather of Stranraer, Scotland
Find the very best time to visit Stranraer in Scotland from seasonal norms on this page.
When is the best time to go to Stranraer?
When is the best time to go to Stranraer? Here's some information to help you in your decision:
- The best months in Stranraer are May, June, July, August, September and October
- The coldest months are January, February and March
- The rainiest months are July, August, October and November
For full information about the climate and weather in Stranraer a specific month, click on the corresponding line below:
|Month||Our opinion||View Details|
|very bad weather||Stranraer in january|
|very bad weather||Stranraer in february|
|very bad weather||Stranraer in march|
|bad weather||Stranraer in april|
|tolerable weather||Stranraer in may|
|tolerable weather||Stranraer in june|
|tolerable weather||Stranraer in july|
|tolerable weather||Stranraer in august|
|tolerable weather||Stranraer in september|
|tolerable weather||Stranraer in october|
|bad weather||Stranraer in november|
|bad weather||Stranraer in december|
Weather and climate in Stranraer
- Between january and march the climate is very bad. The temperature rises to 47°F and it rains about 1.9in each month.
- Between the months of april and may the climate is bad. By early evening, the temperature averages 54°F and you can expect to have 1.3in of rainfall/month during this period.
- From june to october the climate is not good, but still OK. At lunchtime, it's 56°F in average and, in october, 14 days of rain are expected.
- Between november and december the climate is unfavorable. In average, on the morning it is 45°F.
Charts: temperature and rainfall in Stranraer
In the charts below, you can see the following seasonal norms for the city of Stranraer: the minimum and maximum outdoor temperature, the risk and amount of monthly rainfall, daily average sunshine, and relative humidity for each month of the year.
Daily sunshine hours
Map of Scotland
Stranraer appears on the map below with a blue icon. The other cities or locations in Scotland appear on the map with a black icon. Click for information about the climate.